Anyone been to Hawaii?

Aaron

Trying to book our Honeymoon and wonding anyones opinions on which Island. It seems Maui is the most expensive, and Oahu has most night life.

We were going to book a 5 star resort for 7 nights on oahu not in Wikiki for less congestion, but we are rethinking it because it is $5400 with only breakfast included.

We have no reference to compare the 4 star resorts/hotels to the 5 star because we have never been there. Like trying to decide between a Crown Vic and a 7 series when you have never seen a car before.

We were trying to stay around 5k for the bulk of it, as that is our present from her grandma, and we would pay for the rest. But food, alcohol, rental car + parking, trips/adventures/etc could easily be as much as the resort itself.

Just looking for some first hand info. Thanks.

Trying to book our Honeymoon and wonding anyones opinions on which Island. It seems Maui is the most expensive, and Oahu has most night life.

We were going to book a 5 star resort for 7 nights on oahu not in Wikiki for less congestion, but we are rethinking it because it is $5400 with only breakfast included.

We have no reference to compare the 4 star resorts/hotels to the 5 star because we have never been there. Like trying to decide between a Crown Vic and a 7 series when you have never seen a car before.

We were trying to stay around 5k for the bulk of it, as that is our present from her grandma, and we would pay for the rest. But food, alcohol, rental car + parking, trips/adventures/etc could easily be as much as the resort itself.

Ive been about 15 times. I love Maui its by far the best island. You need to stay on Kannapalli beach its beautiful. Whaler Village is very close where you have a bunch of stores and dinning. The hyat is really nice or the Kannapalli alli (sp). You wont ever want to leave the beach. Now im not a big excursion type of guy so Im not good for any info on that. Taking the helicopter tour was cool though.

I just got back from Hawaii. It depends on what you want to do. Hilton Waikaloa Village is very nice, it is on the Big Island near Kona. Renting a car is a good idea, drive around the island it is a tropical rain forest on one side and a desert on the other.

Take a look at my Hawaii page.

http://scubaforlife.googlepages.com/hawaii_the_big_island

if you are looking for night life, Kona has some pretty great bars and clubs.

Maui, Oahu, Honolulu are all very expensive compared to the Big Island.

I just got back from Hawaii. It depends on what you want to do. Hilton Waikaloa Village is very nice, it is on the Big Island near Kona. Renting a car is a good idea, drive around the island it is a tropical rain forest on one side and a desert on the other.

+1

Lived in Hawaii back in 1991. I love that Place. I would suggest a bed and breakfast. They are far cheaper than a hotel.

http://www.kauaibedandbreakfast.com

http://home.hawaii.rr.com/kailuahawaii/kt.htm

I have stayed in both of these places, in the past year.

Dont sped big $$ on silly hotels like that. Go get a bed and breakfast and have fun with the rest on the money. Most things in Hawaii are free to do (beaches, pearl harbor,ect.). The food there will be very costly.

My Top picks for Oahu (no specific order)

1. Pearl Harbor

2. Diamond head hike

4 North shore- sunset beach, pipeline, Waimea bay

5 Kailua beach

6.Makapu beach- Robinsnest from Magnum P.I is just down the street.

7.Sushi bars

8. Beach Comber Resturant

9. Great Mexican resturant on Ward Ave.

10.Hanauma bay

11. Korean Bars (not now but when I was younger :nono: )

Dont sped big $$ on silly hotels like that. Go get a bed and breakfast and have fun with the rest on the money. Most things in Hawaii are free to do (beaches, pearl harbor,ect.). The food there will be very costly.

My Top picks for Oahu (no specific order)

1. Pearl Harbor

2. Diamond head hike

4 North shore- sunset beach, pipeline, Waimea bay

5 Kailua beach

6.Makapu beach- Robinsnest from Magnum P.I is just down the street.

7.Sushi bars

8. Beach Comber Resturant

9. Great Mexican resturant on Ward Ave.

10.Hanauma bay

11. Korean Bars (not now but when I was younger :nono: )

What he said^ and go to Ala Moana mall and walk by the Rolex store and steal a presidential for me please and I thank you.. ;)

Cabot, Its Aaron Batey. Do you remember me?Hows it going. Pretty excited about going.

Yea Aaron whats up. It really has been a long time. Congrats on getting married. Its going to be a blast when you go. You actually cant go wrong no matter what Island you go to because lets be honest its Hawaii.

I lived there for a summer. Taught Surf lesson on Waikiki.

I love Oahu, but Im a city boy. For a honeymoon, I would stock to Maui. More "alone time" could be had there. You could also go to the North Shore of Oahu for that "backcounty" feel.

There is few things better than f-in in a rain forest, in a storm.

Everything else in the tread is pretty much spot on, so I have nothing more to add.