GASS Event - May 31 and June 1 at Cooper Stadium

31rx7

Next weekend is a divisional level autocross at Cooper Stadium. The "Great American Solo Series" visits central Ohio and is hosted by the Ohio Valley Region SCCA.

The event runs both on Saturday and Sunday, and class winners are determined by combining the best times from each day.

Details at:

http://www.soloseries.org/2008/OVR08fl.pdf

Cars should be running each day from about 10a to 4p.

I am in the white 1989 Civic Si, #81 or 181. Stop by and say hello.

Check it out!

Rich

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so everyone knows: When you register you pay for both days wether you race both or not and are required to buy a set of $3 GASS stickers for your car on site to support the GASS series. This is considered a divisional event and will be run on a tight format of likely 4 runs saturday and only 3 runs sunday.

The nice thing is there is going to be some good talent coming in from out of state and you can get a good idea of where you stand to cars/drivers that compete probably on a more national level.

I am joining Team Honda STS for this event!!

I'm starting to study for my final on that following Monday now so I can race.

que "eye of the tiger" music...

On a side note I just looked at the entry list and there are none in GS. If no GASS members will be in my class I may just keep my 45 bucks and study.

OR see if I can talk Miles into letting me race his miata...hmm...

I picked up a new autox car while on a business trip to Japan last week. Any idea what class this will be in? :D

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/jjschafe/IMG_0296.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/jjschafe/IMG_0294.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/jjschafe/IMG_0295.jpg

wow, i wish i could jus go to the dealer and pick up a used skyline. *drools*

Yeah I know. It took me about 5 car lots to find one, but I felt like my trip was complete once I got to see it. It was a 98 or 99 with something like 40,000 km, and cost 3,650,000 yen (just under $35,000). Unfortunately that was a little over my company perdium for the day so I didn't buy it, haha.

Grayson if you don't want to run GS or CS, you can try your hand at sts2 in my car. Should be some good competition between national level drivers going on.

Grayson if you don't want to run GS or CS, you can try your hand at sts2 in my car. Should be some good competition between national level drivers going on.

OH WOW, I might just have to take you up on this offer! Give me another day to figure out if I really need to buckle down and study....

awesome!

EDIT... or did the seat get filled? I noticed on dlb that there were two 90 silver miatas registered...

OH WOW, I might just have to take you up on this offer! Give me another day to figure out if I really need to buckle down and study....

awesome!

EDIT... or did the seat get filled? I noticed on dlb that there were two 90 silver miatas registered...

No, Chambers is a national level guy from Indy. He normally drives a red miata, and just finished building the silver one. In fact, he said on miata.net that he also just put black rota slipstreams on it... so it is pretty much 100% my car, only with a really fast driver.

So yeah, seat is still yours if you want it.

No, Chambers is a national level guy from Indy. He normally drives a red miata, and just finished building the silver one. In fact, he said on miata.net that he also just put black rota slipstreams on it... so it is pretty much 100% my car, only with a really fast driver.

So yeah, seat is still yours if you want it.

Ill know in a few hours.... I so want to see how badly I get beat by a national driver lol.

Weather report looks nasty friday night but it shows it clearing out by about 7am saturday morning and we should be in the clear all weekend!!! :burn:

I'm excited about being in STS this event as there are some fast cars and drivers and it's a very competitive class and will be a good test for myself.

BTW, the Laser has been sold, guy comes to pick it up tomorrow night!!