GASS Event - May 31 and June 1 at Cooper Stadium

31rx7

The civic should be fun, I saw what they are capable of in the right hands so I know they can be fast with the right nut behind the wheel, either way it will be fun.

I have a couple cars in mind, one I'm pretty dead set on as I've always wanted one but I won't speak until it's a done deal as I get ahead of myself sometimes.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The civic should be fun, I saw what they are capable of in the right hands so I know they can be fast with the right nut behind the wheel, either way it will be fun.

I have a couple cars in mind, one I'm pretty dead set on as I've always wanted one but I won't speak until it's a done deal as I get ahead of myself sometimes.

well hurry up and buy it cause i wanna ride in it.

I assume you are talking about a 04-05 Jetta GLI. Throw an offer out on mine and I may take it :) :thumbup:

Edit: Grayson, Maybe sometime else this summer.

Well, I just watched my Laser drive away!! As much as I wanted it to go I hated watching it leave. It was my 3rd dsm and I have always loved the cars and this one was a lot of fun, I'm sure most of us on here have had this type of attachment to a car at some point. Nice thing is the Laser should be back for the June 15th event as the new owner wants to try his hand at autocross!!

Back on topic: I look forward to this weekend and seeing if I can keep up with the big dogs of STS.

Well, I just watched my Laser drive away!! As much as I wanted it to go I hated watching it leave. It was my 3rd dsm and I have always loved the cars and this one was a lot of fun, I'm sure most of us on here have had this type of attachment to a car at some point. Nice thing is the Laser should be back for the June 15th event as the new owner wants to try his hand at autocross!!

Back on topic: I look forward to this weekend and seeing if I can keep up with the big dogs of STS.

I agree, as dumpy as the babe magnet is, I know one day it will make it's final lap at an ovr meeting and then to a yard :(

Probably sooner than later, the way it's been going.

Good luck to everyone racing against the GASS members, show them how OVR does work.

Went and watched the Porsche Club of America autocross at Ackerman today. Slowest drivers I have ever seen in my entire life. A guy with a GT3 drove it like it was a 65 hp Yugo.

I saw them on my way home from cooper. I was so close to taking the exit and talking shit to them about their $100k cars :D

I'm happy to report that I was last in my class after saturday, and improved to second last today. Boo yah! Sucks running against 2-3 national level drivers.

I saw them on my way home from cooper. I was so close to taking the exit and talking shit to them about their $100k cars :D

I'm happy to report that I was last in my class after saturday, and improved to second last today. Boo yah! Sucks running against 2-3 national level drivers.

could be worse, i got 3rd by .30x seconds because i tried something new my last run yesterday and it cause me to spin. had i just kept doing what i always do i would have had 2nd.:(

Yeah, all those miatas do that. The Si I drove had abs that intervened too much, we believe it was sensing that the rear wheels were locking(because they were off the ground in the corners) and kicking in the abs too soon, it didn't make the car hard to drive but affected how well the car could brake. Still it was a very fun little car to drive, having that short a wheelbase is great!!

Jerry you are all about locking the fronts up lol...

Absolutely. Most STS2 miata's have stock pads in front and sticky in the back... I have the opposite, just to challenge myself. Or I'm too lazy to jack the car up in my apartment parking lot and switch them.

What's funny is that last weekend I didn't have any bad or major lock-ups (like when you were in the car)... he must have happened to take that picture at just the right time.

I thought I'd put this question here instead of making a new thread:

I'm looking to register for the 15th of June event and am completely new to autocross. I can't find any kind of guide to figuring out what class my car would be in. It's basically stock, only has a chip and euro spec springs. I wish I hadn't missed the school in May, but I wasn't paying attention.