IPS is sweet!!!!! SPEC fuckin Sucks my taint.

neonkiller

Here is a lil story short and sweet...

I call IPS and talk to Brandon And We order me up a Clutch, stg4 :) to be exact From Spec Directly. I told him I was gettin my car ready for this weekend to do battle with cleveland.

Today rolls around and I figure If my pressure plate or flywheel is fucked I;'ll have one more day to get stuff ordered. I start drivin to IPS take a hlf day off work and I call to make sure its there.

Well Guess what.... Its not:(

Spec fucked up and did not send the clutch next day.....:gtfo:

So now I took a half day off today to put my new clutch in and I dont have one to do it. Tommorow is my BIRTHDAY and I'll be working on my car trying to get it done befor SAT. Funny part is I bet the clutch doesnt show up till 4-5 on friday wich means I will not be doing my birthday dinner / go Kart riding with my friends this year.

I hope to GOD my pressure plate or flywheel is not fucked.

IPS made it right and refunded me my shipping charges, while I'm takin it in the ass from SPEC.

You cannot possibly buy time or reinburse someone for fucking up there birthday plans but to whom this may concern the fucktards at SPEC may just do that the next time you order a part. So please beware!!!

Thanks for the Hook up IPS,

Brandon did all in his power to get me the part but you can only do so much when someone else your not in control of fucks up. "Not IPS or brandons fault"

Fuck SPEC:bs:

UPADTE; The reason the clutch is fucked up >>> TWO flywheel bolts backed out and was rubbing up against the clutch itself tearing and ripping metal off of the inside of the clutch and pinching the springs....;) But bolts are back in and not comin out..

Sorry to hear that. If you need a hand with it, give a call, I'd be happy to lend a hand.

Thanks but I think this will have to be down by myself I'm poppin my cherry on pull;in and reinstalling the trans myself.

Hows your car comin?...

BTW Fuck the Guy who takes orders at SPEC

I picked everything up last weekend. I'm just waiting on the intercooler from UPS. Somehow I forgot it when I picked everything else up. I'll probably start the install as soon as that gets here.

If you get stuck, the number's in my sig. Good luck!

fuck SPEC, i did the break in ont he clutch for 700ish miles and the mother fucker chatters like a bitch. i have the spec stage 3+ when i talked to the spec rep when i was at formula D he just said well maby you need to start getting on it and it will go away. what a dumb fuck!

A lot of high performance clutches chatter. If you had researched, you would have known the the spec 3 and spec 3+ do chatter a good bit. Turn your radio up.

fuck SPEC, i did the break in ont he clutch for 700ish miles and the mother fucker chatters like a bitch. i have the spec stage 3+ when i talked to the spec rep when i was at formula D he just said well maby you need to start getting on it and it will go away. what a dumb fuck!

He wasn't lying about getting on it. Get some sticky tires and launch that mother fucker for all she's worth.

I was driving in front of you on Morse road in Gahanna Monday I believe. Later on in the day.. mid afternoon maybe. You pulled into the Rons Car wash as I was going to Meijers.

carry on.

I was driving in front of you on Morse road in Gahanna Monday I believe. Later on in the day.. mid afternoon maybe. You pulled into the Rons Car wash as I was going to Meijers.

carry on.

true story =)

Happy Birthday.

shanton is the guy in my pic scared of the silver beast (JK)

I aint skeeerd,

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

BTW its 951AM and IPS called to tell me my clutch is there and I'm now flying out thew door and burning rubber to get it.

Thanks for the birfday present IPS:cool:

Most single and low mass flywheels do chatter, But end result is worth the noise dont ya think?..

Most single and low mass flywheels do chatter, But end result is worth the noise dont ya think?..

depends, the SC is only pushing 300HP at the wheels right now, ill let one know once i get a single turbo and start pushing more.

btw happy birthday man!

I bought my spec clutch from IPS and it arrived in a timely manner. I bought the stage 5 but I am now down grading as it is way over kill imop for the street. It would chatter upon shifting gears constantly and has overall poor drivability. I am getting just a spec stage 3 and plan on selling my spec 5. Great clutch just a little too much for mainly street use with some track time in the near future. It might of been installed/balanced improperly though.

I bought my spec clutch from IPS and it arrived in a timely manner. I bought the stage 5 but I am now down grading as it is way over kill imop for the street. It would chatter upon shifting gears constantly and has overall poor drivability. I am getting just a spec stage 3 and plan on selling my spec 5. Great clutch just a little too much for mainly street use with some track time in the near future. It might of been installed/balanced improperly though.

Installed improperly :confused:

As far as that clutch goes, they are considered to be neutral from spec, and do not need to be balanced.

They do tend to chatter, Sam had the same clutch.

There is nothing wrong with spec clutches. I had in the vette and would recommend them to anyone.

I can't speak from personal experience with these, not all of them can always be bad or nobody would buy them, it's just that I've had friends that I've seen personally have problems with these clutches before, in either fitment, or a quality issue.

There is nothing wrong with spec clutches. I had in the vette and would recommend them to anyone.

I think its a matter of application really. The Spec options for my car lick my bawz. I can link you all day to people who have had serious problems with the products. When I heard you and Jon ran them in your cars I was actually surprised from what I've witnessed first hand.