Help getting the corvair done

I have sealed the fuel tank, installed in-line fuel filters and rebuilt carbs(although I have not synced them yet). I can start it on ether and it will stay running, It will even start back up. But I am not sure why I cant get it started just by turning key and giving it gas. Could it be fuel pump? Not having carbs synced? Never messed with a dual carb set up before so not sure what to check. Anyone ever work on one of these before? 64 corvair 500. I might pay someone to come over and help get this thing going.

Possibly fuel pump (check fuel pressure when running) - vacuum leak, hence won't pull fuel (pulling air in through leak and not creating vacuum through carbs at cranking speed)? With the carbs off did any lines get left off by chance?

Possibly fuel pump (check fuel pressure when running) - vacuum leak, hence won't pull fuel (pulling air in through leak and not creating vacuum through carbs at cranking speed)? With the carbs off did any lines get left off by chance?

Very basic carbs, single barrell rochesters. I replaced lines when putting carbs back on. I will have to check fuel pump but everything about this car is different than what I am use to.

I had a dual Carter setup on my Plymouth for years when it still had the flathead. It would start and run even if the carbs weren't synced. It did however, run much better when I used the synchronizer guage on them and got it tweaked just right.

I had a dual Carter setup on my Plymouth for years when it still had the flathead. It would start and run even if the carbs weren't synced. It did however, run much better when I used the synchronizer guage on them and got it tweaked just right.

Still have the gauge?