My wife Bought me an I-pod for christmas....

cmoosego

cool thanks....any ideas as to mounting on the bike for ease of access while riding, or stick it in a pocket? also wouldn't mind some suggestions for a "HOME" docking speaker system....

I can whip you up a monut that uses the bolts that hold your clutch and /or brake lever perch if you want. Easy as shit to make. And beyond cheap as well!

They make BOSE ear buds now. They are awesome, just my opinion. $99.

I ride with my ipod in my jacket. It's not alll that simple to chage songs but it works.

I'm partial to the BOSE docking station as well, just can't afford it. I think it will fit all but gen 1 ipods. Target had some for $299. Or if you already have a speaker system, just get a av splitter, 3.5 mm to red and white audio. $6.99 maybe.

Just an update:

Got my Razer Moray's in the mail today. Obviously, I havn't had a chance to ride with them yet (it's cold, I've been working all day, and...it's freaking december duh) but from what I've seen so far, they're great.

Really good sound and pretty solid noise cancellation. The earbuds have 3 sizes of rubber things that stick in your ear, which is MUCH nicer than the cheaper buds out there that use foam that eventually dries out and disintigrates. Perhaps most import thing is the fact that they fit very well in my helmet and don't get yanked out easily. For the 33$ shipped I paid for them (from amazon w/free shipping), I couldn't have asked for anything better. While I can't really give a final verdict on em, my initial reaction is that they are very good headphones and are absolutely worth checking out if you're looking for a fairly cheap riding music solution.

*edit*

Also, my 60gig iPod Video fits perfectly in the carrying case they come with. Added bonuses are always welcome :)