Could be "bye bye GTO"

Flybye

well to make a long story short....i wrecked the gto after a long night out and lots of driving. its quite embarrassing to be honest, but shit happens. anyways i was on my way back to the house and literally 1 mile away when i took one of those loooong blinks. then BAMMMM i kook up and hit a parked car....i bounced off and coasted about 100 feet then got out to a surprise. yes i know it was a stupid move by me, i guess this is what lots of stress and really long hours does to you though :(

there is a bit more to the story but im kind of busy today so i will post later

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a88/seandb20/029.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a88/seandb20/028.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a88/seandb20/027.jpg

i think it is actually alot worse than it looks. my airbags didnt deploy and i was going anywhere between 25-30mph. also i think some of the wiring got all jacked up. because my car started to make some really weird noises and the lights and latches were all going crazy. oh and it may total out due to water damage on top of it all. because the windows would not roll up and its storming pretty bad..........

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sure you just arent trying to get out of your car payment?

;)

why would i do that? i loved that car and make good enough money to pay for it...it sucks the car has to go out like this, but hopefully the new toy wil make me even happier

and thanks fellas.......any advice would be great as this is a first for me

Damn that sucks!! Do you have gapwise?

Have them check for frame damage. There are times when they total cars out just because its too expensive to fix them. If there is no frame damage I would buy it back and fix it. If there is frame damage I would buy it back and part it out.

Guest tbutera2112

yea.. just checked their websites

allstate:

Accident Forgiveness

Helps keep your rates from going up just because of an accident. Even if it's your fault.

nationwide:

Accident forgiveness benefits. Nationwide will not raise auto insurance premiums following the first at-fault automobile accident. To qualify for Accident Forgiveness, drivers must be insured with Nationwide for at least 5 years and accident-free for the past 3 years.

thats not totaled. your car still books for $15k + .. my guess is that is about 7-6k with of dmg. frame dmg or not, a frame can be straighted. if the frame is bent at all its only a horn and that is an easy fix. you are luck the airbags didn't go off. that would have been big bucks.

if they do total it out def check what the salvage value is and try to buy it back. that salvg might be worth some $$ as its a GTO and only 3 panels are damage. good luck and if you have any question just ask as this is what I do.

Dibs on the motor / tranny :p

i was JUST going to say that, carefully reading each post to make sure no one else had already said it, and sure enough, the last FUCKING POST! AGGH!!!

haha.

but seriously, ill give like 500 for the drivetrain.