Could be "bye bye GTO"

Flybye

man i am good. can't beleive its going to take long though, thats crazy. hope it all works out for you.

yeah im kind of happy to get it back...because the damage really wasnt that bad at all i just thought it would be totaled because of the cost of parts for these things. but at the same time i wanted to just drive my other car and get another bike.

its ok though...the car will be fixed. kets just hope its done very good and the HID's and stripes will be reimbersed. im also gonna see if i can get an 05/06 hood since ive been told they can be had for less nowadays?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats good. don't know about the price of hoods. I would be happy to check our system tomorrow for ya. I would think if your using your own body shop they could probably hook you up with a hood.

yeah im kind of happy...but kind of pissed.

to make a long story short...i just moved back home today because of it not being totaled. i just cant afford things anymore. i took the payments back over on my other car since my ex cant afford it anymore and its is pretty far behind. it was just a must since she was going to do a voluntary reposession and i signed for it. if i caould sell it that would be great though. i wanna get another bike very soon!

and then now i have all kinds of bills to catch up on and a $1000 deductable that needs paid? i dont really know how that works....

so in the meantime ill be driving my GTP almost 100 miles to work everyday and living back at home with my parents. kind of sucks, but i have no other choice right now.

i am kind of nervous about the thing getting fixed though...and i wanna see if there is a way to get an 05/06 hood instead. they also said they werent gonna reinstall the stripes but might reimberse me for them. and i also cant find the reciepts for my HID lows/fogs so i need to figure that out too.

it would be cool if they also replace all the lights since mine were rock chipped up pretty bad. i just wnat both sides to match. it would be great if they could also paint the grilles black and that lower part of the bumper as well. im just wanting a really good job done because i am extremely picky and will find every single flaw that is left over. but i guess thats what us car people do...lol

btw...do you think my interior and all the controls/electronics will be ok? the windows were stuck down for a few days taking in ALOT of water...and i am sure the leather doesnt like that so much. it tends to dry it out rather easy.

if you use a body shop that you know. they can finegle thing for you. basically your insurance gives them a check they can do whatever thye want with it. just talk to the shop and tell them what you want and see what they can do for you. the HIDs should be replaced as they were, with a reciept or not. the insurance owes to replace your vehicle to its pre loss condition. that would include the stripes!

if you use a body shop that you know. they can finegle thing for you. basically your insurance gives them a check they can do whatever thye want with it. just talk to the shop and tell them what you want and see what they can do for you. the HIDs should be replaced as they were, with a reciept or not. the insurance owes to replace your vehicle to its pre loss condition. that would include the stripes!

ok..well i will talk to them about the hood and what not. none of it should cost anymore than what was estimated. now i just have to figure out the whole deductable thing......... :confused:

why would i do that? i loved that car and make good enough money to pay for it...it sucks the car has to go out like this, but hopefully the new toy wil make me even happier

.i just moved back home today because of it not being totaled. i just cant afford things anymore.

???

Not bitching or anything. Maybe things changed in the past week or two. You moved back in home so now you don't have rent/mortgage to pay right? I understand you have the 99 GTP payment, but that can't be THAT big of a payment each month.

???

Not bitching or anything. Maybe things changed in the past week or two. You moved back in home so now you don't have rent/mortgage to pay right? I understand you have the 99 GTP payment, but that can't be THAT big of a payment each month.

yeah things kind of changed in the past week....i got stuck with quite a few more bills. and im helping out alot with my grand mother. i wanted the GTO to get fixed...but at the same time i wouldnt have minded something different. but now that it is getting fixed im gonna be on a slightly tighter budget. being single and not really wanting a roomate doesnt help much either.

and yes the payment is quite high for the car....very short term with an average interest rate. its like $300 or so...and the gto is $450. then i also have full coverage on both and all my other bills that need caught up.

and being a car salesman these days isnt the best paying career. (depending on what your selling anyways)

that sucks man, and if i was you, have what ever shop you have do the work do an appraisal as well. have them check the interior, the wiring, all that shit. the only major collision i ever had the insurance company adjuster missed or overlooked around $3500 worth of stuff that the body shop caught and had to go to war with the ins co over. don't settle on an amount untill all the damage, and any consequential shit is taken into account.

that sucks man, and if i was you, have what ever shop you have do the work do an appraisal as well. have them check the interior, the wiring, all that shit. the only major collision i ever had the insurance company adjuster missed or overlooked around $3500 worth of stuff that the body shop caught and had to go to war with the ins co over. don't settle on an amount untill all the damage, and any consequential shit is taken into account.

yeah well im hoping they have it all covered...clark has been doing a good job at walking me through things. but yes i am worried about the interior ALOT. along with other things that may pop up down the road and then it be too late :(

yeah well im hoping they have it all covered...clark has been doing a good job at walking me through things. but yes i am worried about the interior ALOT. along with other things that may pop up down the road and then it be too late :(

it won't be too late. its the ins co job to restore your veh to pre loss condition and its the bodys job to tell them things they missed. things are missed all the time. its hard for an adj to write an est just on looking at the veh. thing pop up after body parts are taken off and things are more viewable. its good you have someone at the shop helping you.

• Upvote 1

it won't be too late. its the ins co job to restore your veh to pre loss condition and its the bodys job to tell them things they missed. things are missed all the time. its hard for an adj to write an est just on looking at the veh. thing pop up after body parts are taken off and things are more viewable. its good you have someone at the shop helping you.

good deal...thanks alot for the info your giving me. im not trying to sound so ignorant with some of my post, but this is all new to me. i just want the car to come back and bring that big ol' smile to my face again.

btw...clark you have pm ;)

Guest tbutera2112

make sure to check and double check everything...i wrecked my car last winter and one tail light busted out and the other didnt....so they replaced one tail light and the other side looks like shit because its so old...well i was installing my tint a couple weeks ago and pulled the light out and turns out the other tail light is cracked too just not where its visible from outside the car....coulda got 2 lights and isntead i ended up with one good light and one shitty light lol

goodluck getting everything done the way you want it, just go to a good shop and im sure they can help you out....i had all mine done at krieger ford, and aside from the tail light crack that nobody caught, they took care of me ..... installed a sixxer decklid for me because i didnt want the spoiler, and they even did a walk through of the car and fixed some little stuff for free, mirrors were loose etc....they did leave a nasty dent on my fender though >:[ but the vice president agreed to fix it even though the body shop manager wouldnt take responsibility for it

well thanks for being an asshole clark.....jk

no seriously thanks again for the help. sucks i cant get the monaro conversion even though it IS cheaper and all OE parts...but ill live. oh and please check up on that interior for me? and also what was rattling real bad under my car after the accident..i think maybe my exhaust or something might have cracked from the impact? sorry i forgot to mention that awhile ago

Guest tbutera2112

if a monaro conversion is cheaper then i dont see why you cant get it done....when my dad wrecked his f150 he had an aftermarket hood put on it.... the shop had a check for 14grand and my dad brought them a hood and they subtracted the cost of a hood from the check from the insurance and refunded it to my dad...he walked away with the cost of an OEM hood in cash because he provided his own hood to them...didnt save him money since he bought an expensive hood, but you get the point

buy the monaro parts and have the shop install them and refund you the cash they saved by not ordering OEM stuff....worked for my dad but he was upgrading to more expensive stuff....but cheaper shouldnt matter either, insurance gave him 2400 for 2 oem wheels, and the dealership ordered 400 dollar knock offs and gave him the difference back the second time he wrecked it....(he wrecks his truck atleast once a year....drives drunk quite often)

well thanks for being an asshole clark.....jk

no seriously thanks again for the help. sucks i cant get the monaro conversion even though it IS cheaper and all OE parts...but ill live. oh and please check up on that interior for me? and also what was rattling real bad under my car after the accident..i think maybe my exhaust or something might have cracked from the impact? sorry i forgot to mention that awhile ago

I wouldn't see why that would be a problem. the ins co probably won't ok it but the shop can do it for you. and if its cheaper.....theres your deductible!!!

Guest tbutera2112
+1 shops dont care as long as they get their money....my dad had a check from hail damage on his roof that he took the money from to cover the deductible on his accident, the hail wasnt bad and he drives a truck so its pretty high up....shops and insurance companies dont conspire against ya, talk to the shop and see what they can do for you....get the car back exactly how you want it

I wouldn't see why that would be a problem. the ins co probably won't ok it but the shop can do it for you. and if its cheaper.....theres your deductible!!!

yeah tell me about it...but i guess its against their "policy" and they are getting a whole front clip and all those panels are included with it. :(

every other shop told me it would be no problem....but i am afraid if something goes wrong down the road i wont get the shop gaurentee that i will with sterling.

Guest tbutera2112
have a dealership work on it....me and my dad go to krieger ford, and they will redo it over and over free of charge until we are happy with it.....they repainted almost his whole truck after he smashed it up and he wasnt happy with the paint job so they took it back and redid it free of charge....

have a dealership work on it....me and my dad go to krieger ford, and they will redo it over and over free of charge until we are happy with it.....they repainted almost his whole truck after he smashed it up and he wasnt happy with the paint job so they took it back and redid it free of charge....

ummmmmm....I would prefer they do it right the first time.