STI's Suck!

HAOLE

They don't suck, they're just slow.

Throne tuning........ that's like Michael J. Fox doing brain surgery... or Michael Jackson babysitting... or OJ Simpson in a loving relationship... or Paris Hilton becoming a nun...........

I find this funny considering the numbers the cars I've done have put down with 0 knock and awesome driveablity the last car i did came to me stuttering and spittin left driving like a dream. I am no master but Calibrating a basic setup is not hard. All of my base maps were made by a pro tuner who is no longer alive :(. I just calibrate from those.

Guest mrhobbz
I find this funny considering the numbers the cars I've done have put down with 0 knock and awesome driveablity the last car i did came to me stuttering and spittin left driving like a dream. I am no master but Calibrating a basic setup is not hard. All of my base maps were made by a pro tuner who is no longer alive :(. I just calibrate from those.

+1 I'd let you tune my ride... if it was worth the HPtuner license :)

not all sti's suck rick, were'nt you at pacemakers the night i trapped 100mph in the 1/8th on pure pump gas and street tires back when you had the supra?

It was a joke....

Pak's going to beat you to it. ;)

Sweet I can't wait to see it!!!!!!!

I want to know what all parts he needed. Whos putting it together. Is he sleaving it?

I'm doing

Pistons / Polished crank /sleeves

Sweet I can't wait to see it!!!!!!!

I want to know what all parts he needed. Whos putting it together. Is he sleaving it?

I'm doing

Pistons / Polished crank /sleeves

His engine destroyed a rod bearing somehow. The noise started when he was driving through an intersection. He wasn't really beating on it. Certainly not enough to cause this. So the current theory is that his pickup tube broke (happens sometimes to subies..) He's getting a stock 2.5L shortblock. He's not building it up so, the stock shorty will be stout enough.

It's no secret who's doing it. The car is at ZB's shop. Though there's some drahma going on surrounding that fact. Whatever.

Your build will defiantely bee the big one. This was a repair that turned into an upgrade because the 2.5L short block was only $35 or so more expensive than the 2.0L. :D

His engine destroyed a rod bearing somehow. The noise started when he was driving through an intersection. He wasn't really beating on it. Certainly not enough to cause this. So the current theory is that his pickup tube broke (happens sometimes to subies..) He's getting a stock 2.5L shortblock. He's not building it up so, the stock shorty will be stout enough.

It's no secret who's doing it. The car is at ZB's shop. Though there's some drahma going on surrounding that fact. Whatever.

Your build will defiantely bee the big one. This was a repair that turned into an upgrade because the 2.5L short block was only $35 or so more expensive than the 2.0L. :D

ZB ? how much was the block btw, Whats involved. It sounded like the topend just bolted on for the most part and required hellua tuning. My build is ment to be stupid.