SCCA Points Event #5 - Ackerman - June 15

craig71188

they check licenses? how would i sign up?

Yes, they do check drivers licences. To preregister go here:

http://www.dlbracing.com/default.aspx?

Create an account and you can register online. Second option is to be at the event at 7:00 and be one of the first 30 walk ins. They do strictly limit that number as all walk ins have to be hand posted into the system.

Class information can be found at:

http://www.scca.org/contentpage.aspx?content=61

along with rules, etc., etc.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm pre registered. Doing a timing belt and water pump on the duster tom. morning HOPEFULLY everything goes smoothly.

I don't like it when people with "Tire Rack" banners show up in my class lol.... dang it! The OSU lot tends to be my slower place to race, often due to the off camber turns with my open diff....

Joe Bahla, gave me a good spanking last time I raced against him :(

i rode the bike over to the 1 at copper sta.. it was fun to watch i want to ride lol

You can ride with me if I can drive your bike :)

Grayson - it's possible to have a tirerack banner and still be slow... ask me how I know...

Grayson - it's possible to have a tirerack banner and still be slow... ask me how I know...

I chuckled at that Jerry ha...

Well, I got the pump and belt on not too bad of an experience with the use of a lift, air tools and the help of my friend.

The funny thing was that when we pulled the old stuff out we found out it was the original!!!! 141k miles we were in shock...

anywoo.... see everyone sunday

YES!!! I got my shift covered sunday so I'll be there!!! I thought I wasn't going to be able to go.

Gray, that isn't bad for a mopar!! :p The Laser still has the original clutch in it amongst other things, other than the timing and mods to the car it was 100% what it came out of Normal Il. with.

YES!!! I got my shift covered sunday so I'll be there!!! I thought I wasn't going to be able to go.

Gray, that isn't bad for a mopar!! :p The Laser still has the original clutch in it amongst other things, other than the timing and mods to the car it was 100% what it came out of Normal Il. with.

Hey Ben, when is that mid-ohio lapping thing again?

Phew, I'm toast!! I drove like shit today, couldn't even come within 1 sec of Joe in the bimmer, a couple people noticed it as well. I enjoy driving different cars but it's tiring always having to learn a new car and not fitting well in most of them, problem is even if I get a car soon it won't be ready to run this year.

That was a damn good time. I was extremely under-prepared for my class and was a distant last, but had fun. I managed to improve run-by-run, too. The course was nicely designed, I thought. At least it was easy for a novice to navigate. I didn't run into many of you guys, but I'll probably be back for another one this year.

That was a damn good time. I was extremely under-prepared for my class and was a distant last, but had fun. I managed to improve run-by-run, too. The course was nicely designed, I thought. At least it was easy for a novice to navigate. I didn't run into many of you guys, but I'll probably be back for another one this year.

I didn't even realize that was you, I probably talked to you and didn't know it...lol. I think I caught one of your runs partially, you looked like you were doing fine.

AJ is now afflicted with the "R" disease!!! ;)

Had a great time also. By far the best I have driven all year. I'm getting closer to that damn yellow crx every event, haha. And if I hadn't invited someone to codrive my car, I would have picked up a second place trophy. I did learn a lot this week though...

After going over the runs in my head, I'm pretty sure I was over driving the car. I had the idea that if my tires weren't screaming the entire run then I wasn't going fast enough. And watching the other heats, the cars looked like they were going much slower than it feels behind the wheel.

I remember seeing Jerry's car driving in the grid area, I think you were in the same heat as me. I talked a lot to another Miata driver named Miles, he gave me some good tips.

After going over the runs in my head, I'm pretty sure I was over driving the car. I had the idea that if my tires weren't screaming the entire run then I wasn't going fast enough. And watching the other heats, the cars looked like they were going much slower than it feels behind the wheel.

I remember seeing Jerry's car driving in the grid area, I think you were in the same heat as me. I talked a lot to another Miata driver named Miles, he gave me some good tips.

If you're tires are screeching, you are loosing traction and overdriving them. You should be trying to prevent that, not encouraging it :)

Guest Kidneyboy
Phew, I'm toast!! I drove like shit today, couldn't even come within 1 sec of Joe in the bimmer, a couple people noticed it as well. I enjoy driving different cars but it's tiring always having to learn a new car and not fitting well in most of them, problem is even if I get a car soon it won't be ready to run this year.

Blah blah blah.

I think with more seat time you could hang with me in that car. Maybe even beat me! :asshole:

Im waiting on the times. Still pissed that i hit a cone on my best run, which was a 44.8XX. Arg

You'll come to realize that as wierd as it sounds, "slower is faster". I've had runs where I had the tires howling and sliding the car around and had a great time, other times I felt really slow and turned out I had a fast lap. If you evenr need help or some tips people like Miles are always around, I'm a novice mentor and it's my job to help noobs so don't be afraid to ask

"A singing tire is a happy tire"

translated - a little noise is good - screaching and howling, not so much.

Andy Bell gave ma a father's day present and drove anther kart - I squandered an opportunity to make up points and overdrove - then coned on my best run - a 42.0 - then couldn;t get my shit together and improve ! :(