Food Safty Alert

SPLN SUX

I got a call from the FDA at about 11:30pm last night puting out an outbreak alert on "Raw Tomato" products. They werent specific to if it was for canned or chopped/diced/ or whole tomato products, but we were advised to cease the use of tomato products in the restaurant untill further notice.

After a couple of phone calls, I found out some important information:

1. This alert was not for Ohio, but should not be disregaurded by business that get thier products form out of state.

2. The alert was in precaution to a Salmonella outbreak at a processing plant. The location was not released.

3. Non of the Yum-Brands locations (Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, KFC, Long John Silvers, A&W) located in Ohio were part of the alert. McLane Food Service was cleared by the FDA to continue shipping out its Tomato Products.

Other than that I dont have any information about other restaurnts or food marts. If i hear anyhting else I'll post it up.

Thanks for the heads up, but this has been semi-widely known since at least Friday. I couldn't get tomatos on my salad at AppleBees Friday becasue of this. Where do you work that you would be called by the FDA?

Linky

Well they called my cell phone while i was at BW3's watching UFC 85. TPM has a registar list of current food managers by company. Thats one of the reasons why all PHI GM's has to get TPM Certified last year.

All Arby's restraunts across USA have been instructed to pitch any tomatoes (including cherry tomatoes) as of 5:30 pm today (Sunday).

The way it was presented to all Arby's employees is that the FDA has not cleared anyone to serve tomatoes. I have no idea though for sure though.