Went to the track

Linc5.0

so i took my car to the track yesterday.

Street tires

95 degree day

freshly sprained ankle on left foot

13.2@106

2.02 60'

You either had to start with barely any launch or fry the tires in first and part of second....I am happy, I figure on a cool day and some tires I should be 12.6s to 12.8's....

p.s. i smoked an 04 C5 vette and an 04 GTO...that made me feel good inside.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! Looks like its got 12s in it for sure. What do those typically run with the rotary motors? Not a built one, just a basic bolt on turbo rotary.

losts of people go low 13's with stock turbos, intake, exhaust, and tune. With good tires some people get themselves into the mid twelves with the same mods (~300rwhp). RX-7s are hard to launch though, so its greatly driver dependant. My best is only 12.8 but i should be more like 12 flat if i didnt suck.

What do those typically run with the rotary motors? Not a built one, just a basic bolt on turbo rotary.

Its not about what they "Could" run as much as it is figuring out a way to get home with the blown motor :) I kid I kid.

Glad you are out enjoying the car :)

Jeff

Its not about what they "Could" run as much as it is figuring out a way to get home with the blown motor :) I kid I kid.

Jeff

i think tilley has had more blown motors than use local rotary guys...and his didnt even make it to the track :D;)

• Upvote 1

Jeff

Makes sence why they all have LSXs in em now. I always thought that the rotary motors didn't blow up very often, but oil leaks from the apex seal were common??? I obviously have no idea. One of the few engines I haven't owned.

Makes sence why they all have LSXs in em now. I always thought that the rotary motors didn't blow up very often, but oil leaks from the apex seal were common??? I obviously have no idea. One of the few engines I haven't owned.

Just curious but how do you leak oil from the Apex seal? Do you know what you are talking about?

Do you know what you are talking about?

On a rotary, Nope. Thats why I said Obviously I have no idea.

Thats what I thought I heard guys tell me about them, but I might have completely misunderstood what they said.

His engine has blown more times than mine atleast..

Tilley blew his motor ONCE. On spray, racing Rigsby, on an R1...And that was almost 2 years before you ever showed up... Do you even know Tilley? Like actully caried on conversations with him?