New V6 mustang alternator dead in 3 months?

hpfiend

Hey guys-

Replaced the alternator on my friends 99 V6 mustang- she had it diagnosed by advance auto and they said the battery was ok and that it was the alternator- She got a reman unit from them and I put it in for her after making sure the battery was fully charged and it ran great for about 3 months until it stranded her again- she limped to advance auto again and they said the alternator was bad already- this time they instructed her to put a new battery in this time as well but it was only 2 years old. She had it towed to a shop and they put a new alternator on she got under warranty from advance for her.

What kind of short would burn up an alternator that quickly? They suggested it was a faulty reman? I am skeptical on their diagnosis but haven't had a chance to look at it myself since..

Thanks!

Andrew

I didn't know they were bad for electrical parts- where do you guys go for more reliable parts? NAPA?

No crazy stereo or anything- car is 100% stock but she does have a nice set of cobra Rs she puts on just for summer driving.

Thanks!

Andrew

are you running a garage out of the tech section on here?

Yeah guy and I am competing with you with your free advice!!! hehe j/k

I just have a lot of friends that often have car troubles and need a little bit of help... the funny thing is the guy with the blazer is married to the girl with the mustang so they have had some REAL bad luck lately.

Take care and thanks for the advice!