So who got phucked up??

Putty

Damn, you were hit by two cars? Was this the same incident or two separate accidents?

same incident. Dude making right turn on red got me high side, as I was braking to avoid being hit the car behind me was nice enough to give me a push to be sure I got hit. Shattered right side of face & right arm. 20 screws and 5 plates in face, 15" ROD and 20 screws in right arm.:badgerrock:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same incident. Dude making right turn on red got me high side, as I was braking to avoid being hit the car behind me was nice enough to give me a push to be sure I got hit. Shattered right side of face & right arm. 20 screws and 5 plates in face, 15" ROD and 20 screws in right arm.:badgerrock:

Wow. Glad you made it through that, sounds like a bad wreck.

Well apparentley nobody else does but i actually agree with putty. Granted i have taken rides in December before but i still agree with him.

His basic line of thinking was correct that it is more dangerous to ride in December than in warmer months. That really can not be argued, cars dont give a shit about bikes in general but in cold months the thought of a motorcycle being on the road doesnt even cross their mind, that makes it more dangerous.

I have a big cruiser and i can tell the difference in my tires when it is cold out, im not taking turns that fast or really pushing the limit in any way, but i can still feel that the tires do not grip the road as well, that makes it more dangerous.

Due to freezing and unfreezing during the winter we all know that pot holes seem to pop up all over the place and i dont know about you but pot holes are not my friend when i am on 2 wheels. The number of pot holes from the first freeze of winter to the last thaw easily doubles and maybe triples in number(unless all of NE Ohio just plain sucks at road care and no one else has this problem) to me it seems that having twice or three times as many pot holes makes it more dangerous to ride.

Im not saying dont go riding in cold months or that if you do then something will happen but i am saying the same as putty, IT IS MORE DANGEROUS :rant:

I think riding during the winter months is only more dangerous if you don't adjust your riding style accordingly. I ride year round and have for the last several years. I've many more close calls in the summer months than the winter, mostly due to the fact that I ride more aggressively in the summer.

Adjusting my riding for the different conditions of the roads and the way my tires are going to react, as well as the fact that cars may not be on the lookout for bikes as much has kept me just as safe in the winter as summer.

So basically I think it's up to the rider to be aware of different circumstances and like I previously stated, adjust his/her riding accordingly.

Well apparentley nobody else does but i actually agree with putty. Granted i have taken rides in December before but i still agree with him.

His basic line of thinking was correct that it is more dangerous to ride in December than in warmer months. That really can not be argued, cars dont give a shit about bikes in general but in cold months the thought of a motorcycle being on the road doesnt even cross their mind, that makes it more dangerous.

I have a big cruiser and i can tell the difference in my tires when it is cold out, im not taking turns that fast or really pushing the limit in any way, but i can still feel that the tires do not grip the road as well, that makes it more dangerous.

Due to freezing and unfreezing during the winter we all know that pot holes seem to pop up all over the place and i dont know about you but pot holes are not my friend when i am on 2 wheels. The number of pot holes from the first freeze of winter to the last thaw easily doubles and maybe triples in number(unless all of NE Ohio just plain sucks at road care and no one else has this problem) to me it seems that having twice or three times as many pot holes makes it more dangerous to ride.

Im not saying dont go riding in cold months or that if you do then something will happen but i am saying the same as putty, IT IS MORE DANGEROUS :rant:

You guys should join a different forum from Nov-Mar. That's like saying don't go boating in the winter because the water will freeze and you'll get stuck. Of course you're not going out if the river is froze over, and you're not going to die if you do. Unless you are a passenger on the titanic.

Enough talk, she died...

Pamela Stepp, 46, was the motorcycle passenger. She was ejected in the crash. She was transported to Mount Carmel West Medical Center in life-threatening condition with a head injury. Pamela died from her injuries close to 1:55 p.m. Tuesday.
I was afraid of that, they had closed the road for hours and took fatality data. I guess they knew it was bad.

Stab in the dark here... you're not a big fan of full-face helmets? Or possibly not a fan of helmets at all?

In all my years of riding, that was the first time EVER that I got on a bike w/out a helmet. I was just going a mile down the road to get something to eat, and got hit at exactly .9miles!!!

In all my years of riding, that was the first time EVER that I got on a bike w/out a helmet. I was just going a mile down the road to get something to eat, and got hit at exactly .9miles!!!

Most accidents happen close to home. Sorry to hear about the lost of the passenger. Hopefully the driver pulls through.