What Car should i buy? help!!!

Diamonds

Backstory - I work for a company that is going to start paying for my car in a few months.

personally, my budget (for what my company will give me monthly) will equate to about 5000 a year (400.00 a month)... i've never had a car payment and i'd like to keep it that way. I assume that i could get a 4 year loan for a 5-6 year old car... so i did the math (5000x4 = rougly 20k)

So that's how i figured out my budget, which is 20k... and assuming that i will be able to put about 3k down, i can afford a 23k car at no cost to myself. i will have to start paying insurance though, which isn't a big deal, so assume that insurance isn't an object.

So the cars that i am thinking of would be as follows....keep in mind i will be buying used, and deffinately not leasing (mileage will be blown out of the water)

1. 03 Cobra (18-22k)

2. C5 vette (19k-26k)

3. Mitsu Evo (18k-22k)

4. Acura TL (18k-25k)

5. g35 coupe (19k-23k)

6. toyota Supra (20k-25k)

Anyhow, that's where i'm at right now, there are also other cars that i like... but i feel the ones above are within reach

And the dead ringer would be a BMW 335i, i might even be able to swign it if they gave me a 5 year loan... since it's like a 2007.... anyone think that this is possible?

OPINIONS???

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is this company car going to be driven many many miles? What's its main use? Are you looking for a comfortable car that is fun yet presentable and professional? Or do you not care and just want the fun and damn everything else?

1. 03 Cobra - NO

2. C5 vette - U should be able to snatch a C5Z06! DO IT!

3. Mitsu Evo - Another GREAT car for the money

4. Acura TL - Meh, more of a cruise car

5. g35 coupe - I looked at em, too slow and the trannys SUCK!

6. toyota Supra - Not worth your time, too expensive IMHO for what u get

is this company car going to be driven many many miles? What's its main use? Are you looking for a comfortable car that is fun yet presentable and professional? Or do you not care and just want the fun and damn everything else?

+1. We may need to know a bit more about what you do, who will see this "compay" car etc. Taking a new, potential client to lunch in a car they associate with the movie "Fast and the Furious" could present the worng image.

Andy

1. 03 Cobra - NO

I like the way you think...

03 Cobra - No (place ls1 mullet cruiser here and its a yes)

C5 - Great car as long as its not snowing

evo - Test drove a bunch of them over the last 3 weeks. They are great cars! (VIII and X's)

TL - Daily Driver

G35 - Good car, looks sweet, weight and power.. no no

Supra - Only if you find a salvaged one like in Fast and The Furious and fix it up.

Guest tbutera2112
if you need something as a company vehicle that will ever have clients then the evo...if you will drive it all year in the snow and such, evo.... if you just want a cool toy, c5 z06, 02 ws6 trans am, or the 03 cobra

Guest tbutera2112
well the only reason im sayin evo for the company vehicle is because it has 4 doors... i dont think the wing would be too too bad....as long as it was a subtle color like black/white/grey whatever

well the only reason im sayin evo for the company vehicle is because it has 4 doors... i dont think the wing would be too too bad....as long as it was a subtle color like black/white/grey whatever

From the list I get the impression that he's not too worried about passengers.

1. 03 Cobra (18-22k)- Great car as a daily if it's not snowing. Cheap power.

2. C5 vette (19k-26k)- I'm personally not a fan of the styling.

3. Mitsu Evo (18k-22k)- Would make a great daily and a fun car.

4. Acura TL (18k-25k)- Slow and sexy

5. g35 coupe (19k-23k)- Slow and super sexy.

6. toyota Supra (20k-25k)- No.

Guest tbutera2112

good point....ide go with one of these

http://images.gmhightechperformance.com/features/0704gm_04_z+2002_pontiac_trans_am+.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t197/jlozano845/photo.jpg

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/select53/davidsdcv1.jpg

1. 03 Cobra - NO

I would have to agree.

You could also get a 3 series like you said. If you are going to be driving it all the time that might be the way to go. I love my Evo, but if I had to spend hours per day driving I rather do it in a Bimmer.

Great question!

Here are some reference points:

1. I don't do ALOT of driving, but i dont want to worry about mileage limits of a lease

2. My job requires absolutely NO TRAVEL, but i do like to do the whole "client wine & dine" Thing... so i will be driving around with the "Director of Clinical Services" and "high level management" of all major local hospitals.

3. the main use = transportation, but i like power.

4. fuck comfortable, fuck professional (even though i deal with big-wigs).... every car listed meets my standards. I am extremely professional, I WANT my car to be an extension of my character.... not gain respect because it looks professional. i want that Hospital Director to say "man, i really like that bob guy, he's got panache and style"... its my angle

Great question!

Here are some reference points:

1. I don't do ALOT of driving, but i dont want to worry about mileage limits of a lease

2. My job requires absolutely NO TRAVEL, but i do like to do the whole "client wine & dine" Thing... so i will be driving around with the "Director of Clinical Services" and "high level management" of all major local hospitals.

3. the main use = transportation, but i like power.

4. fuck comfortable, fuck professional (even though i deal with big-wigs).... every car listed meets my standards. I am extremely professional, I WANT my car to be an extension of my character.... not gain respect because it looks professional. i want that Hospital Director to say "man, i really like that bob guy, he's got panache and style"... its my angle

get a bad ass ls1 then. id go vet if i were you

a few more points...

1. i do not like the styling of the trans-am camaro bodies, no offense!

2. Every Affordalbe C5Zo6 i see is the hartop... And i deffinately want a corvette hatchback! I very-much dislike to look of the removable hardtop as well as convertibles.

Someone made the point that the EVO looked kinda "toyish" which just made me realize that it kind-of does, which really doesn't bother me. Liek i said, i'm looking for something that personifies me. Like i said, my business angle is "relationship building" without the "sell"... and i want my personality to be reflected in the car that i drive, just as it does in the way that i dress*** (which most consider tacky)... but it's me

*** Cufflinks, french cuff shirts, shoes with buckles, pinstripe pants

Its a company car not your weekend toy. Buy something newer that will allow you to take 3 people if need be will not be a nightmare to drive in the winter. As for power who gives a fuck its not your car. As for comfort since you are transporting clients think of then not yourself. Why you ask Its not your car.

the cars you should be considering are Camry, Accord, legacy, Malibu or any other car in this segment. and get a car with a 3 year lease its your work car its not your toy to play with on the weekends.

If you want something that shows off your personality then why ask people that dont know you what car you should buy? If you want to get a car based on performance, testimonials from drivers, etc... then we can help. If you want us to pick a car based on your personality... Sorry, dont know you well enough to help. I cant say you should buy a G35 just because you have pinstriped pants.

Edit: The car below is sex on wheels!

Dunno...I'm still gonna say if you can swing it the 335i is the most rational choice for a professional who still wants something fun and entertaining to drive...not to mention it's got warranty as well which I know for most of us here who DIY most of our stuff isn't HUGE, but it's still big.

335's are making 385hp / 420ft/lbs at the crank with just an ecu flash which makes for a pretty entertaining driver.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=129046&stc=1&d=1203040719

Andy