What Car should i buy? help!!!

Diamonds

if M3's are out of my range... how would and M5 be within range? mayeb i read it wrong,???

Ragtop - not an Audi fan, just never liked the bodystyles, sorry bro

Go with a slightly older one. The current gen M3's are out of your price range by only 2-5 grand. I'd go with a previous gen just because the price difference is huge.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was asking for opinions, i never said i'd promise to buy the one that peopel most liked!!! The hard thing here is that everyone thinks that i need something practical... and i don't.

the pinstripe pants line is priceless though, i laughed at work and everyone looked at me!

HEHEHEHEHEHE :p

Since I have been looking for a car for my wife over the last year I have test drove every single one of those cars (originally listed). The C5 and cobras are the most impressive in a straight line, and the c5's and evos are most impressive when turning. If I had a choice I would get the C5. Turns more heads, has the corvette name, is quick, and can corner very well.

Join the LSx family.. ya know ya want to :D

keep it coming boys

OH, hey BMW guys, one more request....

I am looking at 02-04 M#'s and some of them are equipped with a SMG trans... is that some sort of sequential gearbox? a real on or a fake one?

please give me the 411 on that!!!

What happens when/if you get fired, injured, laid off, or loose your job some otherway. Do you have a plan for all of the sudden paying 400 a month for a car. Just realized no one has brought it up.

Yeah... he puts it up for sale. Every car (except maybe the G35 due to price to popularity ratio) would sale in under 2 months.

keep it coming boys

OH, hey BMW guys, one more request....

I am looking at 02-04 M#'s and some of them are equipped with a SMG trans... is that some sort of sequential gearbox? a real on or a fake one?

please give me the 411 on that!!!

You don't want it. Go with a traditional manual trans. The SMG is meant for racing, and is a pain in the ass on the street in normal driving.

What happens when/if you get fired, injured, laid off, or loose your job some otherway. Do you have a plan for all of the sudden paying 400 a month for a car. Just realized no one has brought it up.

i said that i didn't want to have a car payment, i never said that i couldn't afford it.

the bank is not going to want to give you a $20,000 loan for a car older then 5 years i know i tried i originally wanted a supra. i bought a vette and couldn't be happier with it.

GIVE me the vitals on how you acquired the vette.

1. how old was the vette when you bought it (or brand new)

2. how much was the vette

3. did you put anything down/trade in (if so, what was the final cost)

4. how much was your loan for, how many years

5. what was the interest rate on the loan

6. what is your monthly payment

7. how much is insurance for that thing

feel free to copy. paste, and pm me if you wish to remain private

GIVE me the vitals on how you acquired the vette.

1. how old was the vette when you bought it (or brand new)

2. how much was the vette

3. did you put anything down/trade in (if so, what was the final cost)

4. how much was your loan for, how many years

5. what was the interest rate on the loan

6. what is your monthly payment

7. how much is insurance for that thing

feel free to copy. paste, and pm me if you wish to remain private

I bought the car 3 years ago in April of 2005, the car is a 2005 Corvette C6 Z51 with every possible factory option.

it had to be millinium yellow it had to be Z51 and it had to be a 6-speed the only one i found this side of the mississippi just happened to be in dayton so i went to look at it. it was a GM rep car with 8,000 miles and the price was $48,000.

before i even started looking i did lots of research and lots of math on interest rates and all that non sence. the place first wanted to give me 10% intrest which made my payments $1000 a month so laughed at them and told them they were full of shit. 4 different times they came back saying this is as low as we can go blah blah we called every bank we deal with if it's not good enough we can't help you, they finally got it down to 6.7% so i told them i could do better on my own they said it wasn't possible so i showed them some paperwork prooving i qualified for for 4.7% from dayton credit union. the guy comes back and says we can do for 4.9%. so doing the math it wasn't that much difference so i said ok.

i put $11,000 down that i got from selling 2 other cars and my Raptor.

and my payment ended up being $670 a month. i got the extended warranty which brought it up to $704.33 a month. for 6 years

i pay 160 a month right now for a 2002 cavalier, a 2001 GTP and the vette

the vette and the GTP are 120

the vette and the cavy are 140

i have never had just the vette on my plan but also don't believe the internet insurance quotes they all said it would be around $300 a month for me.

how come the insurance rates are so much higher if you only have one car?

because then you have to drive it all the time rain shine and snow.

trust me it's cheaper to go buy a beater just to put it on your insurance as your primary.

be warned some insurance companies require your most expensive car to be considered your primary. luckily mine does not i have nationwide.

$400mo. isn't much at all both from a buying power standpoint or a co. car allowance. In your case, the company is offering it to help off-set your use of a vehicle, but not necessarily expecting you to spend only $400mo.

I've been in sales/sales management calling C-Level clients facing for many, many years including the medical market and I'd say:

1. Get something reliable. All parties will expect that.

2. Get something that seats more than just two.

3. Acura and Infinity are good choices as is a used BMW or like. Parallel but don't snub the customer. They don't care what kind of car you drive. None of them do. They may appreciate it, envy it or like it, but your car will bring zero to the table but it can hurt you. Believe me or not, it's true. Used Audi may be a good choice too. A4 with mods gives you a good ride, power, style and fit for these customers. Pricing isn't far off either.

4. Ditch the Supra. Completely wrong choices from both a customer and company standpoint. Same with the Vette. Both client and company will form an opinion on your judgement with such cars. You won't be doing yourself a favor by going that route.

If you're not traveling for work in the thing, how many miles per year are you planning on putting on the thing? Co. giving you a gas card or is that on you? Who pays the maintenance.

Don't rule out leasing as being a better move as you can buy miles ahead of time cheap. There are no limiting factors for leasing....that's a misunderstanding of many. Keep in mind, cars depreciate the same no matter how you pay for them.

If you can find a 335 that's $400mo check for mississippi mud under the seat.

So the cars that i am thinking of would be as follows....keep in mind i will be buying used, and deffinately not leasing (mileage will be blown out of the water)

1. 03 Cobra (18-22k)

2. C5 vette (19k-26k)

3. Mitsu Evo (18k-22k)

4. Acura TL (18k-25k)

5. g35 coupe (19k-23k)

6. toyota Supra (20k-25k)

And the dead ringer would be a BMW 335i, i might even be able to swign it if they gave me a 5 year loan... since it's like a 2007.... anyone think that this is possible?

OPINIONS???