Does this mean I get good karma?

Kevin R.

So I had a hell of a night tonight.

First off. I was leaving my buddies house after an intense hour of Army of Two (kick ass game by the way) and I was crusin' down Gender Road. Windows down and radio on; tired as hell just minding my own business with my bed in mind. All of the sudden down the road I see a cloud of dust and a car throw its blinkers on. I pass it and I am not sure what the hell just happened. Maybe a wreck? Car broke down? I think I have enough knowledge to help something was wrong with their car. Or if an accident I have enough first aid/cpr training to do my best so I flip around and go towards them passing debree and what looks like metal pieces in the road.

Long story short their car was fucked. The guy driving was a complete dick and said he would drive it on home and I offered to follow him. His girl was freaking out (maybe they were drunk?) but he took off with pieces flying off. I followed him until they turned into (maybe?) their neighborhood and went on my way home. I went down the road and pulled over to pick up the giant piece of plastic and metal the jackass left in the road which I almost hit when I turned around to help.

Ah. Sleep is coming. 3:15 am lets roll.

I come into Canal Winchester and there is this guy walking towards where I live on the side of the road. Unusual in Canal for someone to be walking home this late on Gender. I pull over and he runs up to the car. (Shit...I saw this on Dateline a hundred times. I'm getting shot...thoughts in my head).

The guys friends left him at the bar and he had a while to go. Turns out I knew his younger brother and saved him a ~40 minute walk to his house. He was cool andI didn't get shot picking up a hitchhiker.

3:30am...finally time to go home.

Nope.

I take the one of three turns to get to my house and another car is pulled over with a deer in the middle of the road. Shit. I have been there before so I pull over and it is an older lady who is freakin' out. Her car is a little messed up but nothing terrible. I call the police who come out. Damn. Since I called I had to fill out the report with her. She was very thankful though and very nice. She was able to drive her car home which was good.

So, now I am home. Felt like a crazy night with one thing immediately after the other.

I guess I should go play the lotto tomorrow and hope the karma gods are smilin' down on me. Too much work for one night when I just wanted to come back home and sleep. :mad:

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

tomorrow youll wake up, and your car will be keyed or broken into or some shit. Its happend to me before. Had a great "good citizen day" the night before, wake up, and FUCK!

haha that would suck. But sounds like an out of the ordinary night you've had.

tomorrow youll wake up, and your car will be keyed or broken into or some shit. Its happend to me before. Had a great "good citizen day" the night before, wake up, and FUCK!

LOL. I said the same thing when I called my buddy right after. I was waiting to get pulled over for doing something. "yeah sir, we saw your car stopped a lot tonight..."

Well I'm glad you didn't get a ticket or get shot. Sounds like you did the right thing for all the right reasons. This inspires me to do something good......Well maybe, I'd have to know the person, fuck that whole helping a stranger thing ;)

edit I tried giving you "karma" rep, but I must spread it around 1st.

Lol, obviously Karma isn't instant, it works over time. Like the girl you fucked over that keyed your car two months later. :p

Good to see there's still thoughtful people out there. (And you keep in mind there's always a chance for danger and still do it.)

I always make it a point to help others out. I can't count the times I've helped push, pull, or something. It's kinda sad how caught off guard people are when you try to help them. That's the world we live in...

Guest mrhobbz
why didnt you just buy an ls1 in the first place?

Needed a car in a rush, didn't have much time to hunt around for one in decent shape. The price was right too.

Guest mrhobbz
thats why they say"dont shop hungry". I dont know who "they" is.

Eh I shopped around for a month or so. Looked at a few GTP's and a monte carlo, also a wrx. The monte carlo at germain was junk. Popped the hood and it had more visible oil leaks than I could count on two hands and feet. Something was broken in the front end, felt like a motor mount or maybe the axel. It was also wrecked and they apparently weren't going to tell me about it :) Someone hacked the wiring harness together too.

The two GTP's they flat out wanted too much for as well as the wrx. It's a daily driver, not a strip car ;) I am more than likely getting rid of it next year for a 300c/lincoln ls either way.