Long's Retreat?

zeitgeist57

Yeah I used to live about 35 minutes away from there and would go about every other weekend during the summer. Awesome place. It's got about everything you could expect from a smaller family retreat like this and at pretty good prices.

Lake with a beach. 3 water slides, 2 of which are pretty awesome, low and high dive diving boards, go-carts, basketball court, camping areas, and lots of trails. they used to have a couple really good paintball courses, not sure if they still do. It's completely worth a weekend to camp there or even for the day.

yeah longs retreat is fun, grew up there, it is much better now with the stuff they have added, trails and all kinds of stuff. Good place to go

Chris my Mothers uncle owns happy hollow, go up to orie and di and tell them Adam says hi, he has been sick so I don't know how much he is out there, but he quit logging a couple years ago and does this now, never get to see that fucker he is always out there. But they are two of the nicest and funniest people you will meet hands down. I think Hoblick has been out there also a while back

/threadjack

clay longs retreat is worth it, pretty relaxing actually and it is close, there are a few places around Bainbridge though, look up Paint Creek State Park, and Pike Lake State park, pike lake has cabins to rent with a ton of nature trails and a lake (they cleaned it up a few years ago, not sure about the quality of water. And Paint creek is about the same just better water place for boating fishing whatever with some nice mountain bike trails. Seven Caves used to be down there but some hippies bought it and shut it down for the public.

Chris my Mothers uncle owns happy hollow, go up to orie and di and tell them Adam says hi, he has been sick so I don't know how much he is out there, but he quit logging a couple years ago and does this now, never get to see that fucker he is always out there. But they are two of the nicest and funniest people you will meet hands down. I think Hoblick has been out there also a while back

That's kinda weird cause Orie Elliott is my dads cousin, and I'm asuming your talking about Diane when you say Di. Don't really know em personally but bout everytime we drive by my dad tells me his cousin owns the place and we occasionally stop in there.

Been about a year since we last stopped there though.

they say rocky fork has become very polluted from the meth labs in the area, but I have never seen anything official on that, i have went over and watched the boat races they have there every once in a while

We'll definitely give it a shot at some point. Thanks for the contributions!

I'm not too worried about a polluted lake...I grew up swimming Lake Erie as an east-side Clevelander, with summers in Long Island. I came out just fine! http://www.sportsgamer.com/forums/images/smilies/dms/duh2.gif

what is your dads name?

Sorry for the Delay, my Dad's name is Bill Benner. There's a few benner families in Bainbridge but as far as I know we're aren't related to most of them. Don't know if you know Zach or Tiffany Benner both early to late 20's, There like my 2nd or 3rd cousins.