Lets talk leakdown testing

Guest Removed

Guest 614Streets
So,,,, if both of your cars are not running then your the fastest bench racers from a dig in this thread

And I am the fastest in this thread from a dig

100% correct :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my motor is 12 years old. pos 355. it has a leak down of 2 percent with regular plazma moly rings. and when it was new it was 4 percent.

id say try doing the leakdown at 80 psi inlet pressure. that should give a more accurate reading.

Guest Removed
my motor is 12 years old. pos 355. it has a leak down of 2 percent with regular plazma moly rings. and when it was new it was 4 percent.

id say try doing the leakdown at 80 psi inlet pressure. that should give a more accurate reading.

dont think so. i had video of what was going on , but had to delete it to download the pics. i would bring the pressure up slow and around 50 psi or so then the other gauge would start to move!!!!! even at 80 psi some of the cylinders showed more of a leak! some where fine. but the only one that both gauges where even was #6. needles moved the same either way the prssure went.

Guest Removed
I figured I would just post my receipt since I cant come up with a good comeback.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t214/ls2sam/P6260012.jpg

all that proves is you bought a junkyard motor from woodys for $400.

for all we know , it could have been for the jeep.

and my junkyard motor cost me $0.00 (how much i put in it is another story)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Removed

well the motor is out and at the machine shop. shop said they did a leakdown and the engine is fine. blaming on crazy blow bye is now caused bye the pcv system. and the horsepower loss is due to a bad supercharger?

i am at a loss for words cause in no way should we have 0 leakdown on #6, and 20% or more on the rest and this be fine.

i am hoping to go look at this thing tomorrow afternoon and see if i can see what is being said. and compair his results to mine.