Cell phone carriers...?

Putty

OK....so our contract is up on the 26th with T-mobile and I decided it's time to move on. Well, last week, I went to Sprint the day before the Instinct launch and bought one for the GF and I. So now we have been using these things. Great phone....few issues, but all in all....how is Sprint as a carrier? The gf says she gets coverage in every part of the hospital now, where she had none with T-Mobile. I am torn whether or not I should have waited for ATT and the 3G iPhone.....

Sprint is decent, just hope you don't need to call them for customer service...

That's just it....I did....My phone was giving an error when sending a text message. I called and was told "Sir, the phone is not officially out, plus it's new what did you expect"....I almost cancelled the service after that remark.

Guest mrhobbz
That's just it....I did....My phone was giving an error when sending a text message. I called and was told "Sir, the phone is not officially out, plus it's new what did you expect"....I almost cancelled the service after that remark.

Thats lame.. A few of my buddies switched from sprint to t-mobile, I also went from nextel to t-mobile and haven't had a problem. Reception owns any nextel phone I've ever owned. From everything I've seen sprint: great reception/call clarity at the cost of terrible customer service.

I've had T-mobile since 02...Plans are cheap and for where I go, i've always had coverage. Although a few weeks ago, we were at a wedding and everyone one had service but the gf and I......t-mobile.

Guest mrhobbz
I've had T-mobile since 02...Plans are cheap and for where I go, i've always had coverage. Although a few weeks ago, we were at a wedding and everyone one had service but the gf and I......t-mobile.

Yeah I made sure to study their coverage map pretty religiously :) I rarely use my phone except for messaging, and I rarely travel so it was a good deal for me. Plus i nabbed up one of those hotspot phones so I can swap over to voIP :)

OK....so our contract is up on the 26th with T-mobile and I decided it's time to move on. Well, last week, I went to Sprint the day before the Instinct launch and bought one for the GF and I. So now we have been using these things. Great phone....few issues, but all in all....how is Sprint as a carrier? The gf says she gets coverage in every part of the hospital now, where she had none with T-Mobile. I am torn whether or not I should have waited for ATT and the 3G iPhone.....

I wanted the instinct bad when i worked for sprint. Sprint does have the best data plans for phones and noone can argue that. Sprint customer service has improved but its nowhere where it needs to be.Now that i work for Verizon im waiting for the Dare to come out. Even though Verizon has the shittest choices in phones. I think the VU for ATT is their best phone. Im not a mac fan boy and I want 3rd party apps on my phone but i would still take the iphone. I hate talking to my mom who has At&t though GSM sucks and their coverage is terrible.

Watch out for Nitrousbird he is a HUGE Sprint guy and will try to get you to get sprint. Its almost weird how much he likes that company lol.

I've had my t-mobile service since they launched and I took over the contract from my sister who orig. got the service as Aerial Wireless back in the day. I've never really had many problems and I only pay like $70/month for unlimited text, free mobile to mobile, free nights and weekends and 1000 anytime minutes. that $70 includes taxes and fees

But they say....."more bars".

My Blackjack about went on a few blocks of M112 (C4) last week when I was at Camp Grayling. The bastards told me I'll have service in Ft.Knox, Ft.Leonard Wood, and mostly all the posts I will have to go to including up in Michigan. Only carrier to get anything was Verizon. I plan on visiting the butt clown that told me he garuntees I'll have service. :mad: I was left in the dark for 2 weeks.

But they say....."more bars".

Yea they suck. Like i said when i talk to my mom its like she has a walkie talkie. Its annoying my sisters phone is the same way. I keep telling my mom to switch but she hates change.

I have Sprint and have had them since 1999 or 2000... It's been a alright experience. They have some of the best coverage and nice phones. The only gripe I have with them is everyone else's gripe, their customer service over the phone. Now granted, I rarely call them (except this week to order a phone and plan). I usually talk to them by email and almost always get what I want by emailing E-Care.

Screw those AT&T slimey bastards. If you're out of normal population you'll never have signal. I'd go Verizon, go see TrboRex aka Rigsby.

+1 Have had them from the get go not one problem with them what-so-ever. Never had a problem with random dead zones, and the customer support has always been pleasant and easy to deal with.

putty should have asked before i could have got you a sick deal..

i currently am paying $52 a month for 1500min free nights and weekends, unlimited data, text, picture messaging, navi, etc..

wife got the same plan. total bill for the month has never exceeded $114 for us together.

putty should have asked before i could have got you a sick deal..

i currently am paying $52 a month for 1500min free nights and weekends, unlimited data, text, picture messaging, navi, etc..

wife got the same plan. total bill for the month has never exceeded $114 for us together.

sero?

sero?

Has to be SERO.....but Sprint is not offering that plan on the Instinct...My GF and I got on the "everything 1500" share for $129, but I get 27% off that, monthly, so the cost will be cheaper than what T-Mobile was charging me w/o data.

Has to be SERO.....but Sprint is not offering that plan on the Instinct...My GF and I got on the "everything 1500" share for $129, but I get 27% off that, monthly, so the cost will be cheaper than what T-Mobile was charging me w/o data.

Thats a bad ass deal. I really want to get that phone.