Need Suggestions

civicboy375

I'm trying to sell one of my vehicles and I'm not having a lot of luck. I have it on this forum and craigslist, and I'm wondering if there are any other FREE auto sales websites that I can post my ad on.......or anything similar to craigslist that won't cost me $$$ to create an ad......any ideas???

If you couldn't get somebody to bite on craigslist, then you might want to reconsider your asking price. CL is a sesspool of degenerates wanting to buy shit (myself included). I know it costs a little dough, but I'd consider throwing her on ebay...

I'm having trouble selling my 2000 Jeep Cherokee too. The price of fuel right now is whats killing me. I suggest putting a $2000 car in the newspaper. Thats a good place to sell cheap cars. It's not free obviously, but I would think you could sell it pretty quickly that way.

I'm wondering if there are any other FREE auto sales websites that I can post my ad on.......or anything similar to craigslist that won't cost me $$$ to create an ad......any ideas???

not many bud, this is america... america demands money, i love money, i would demand it too...

LOCAL forums are a great way to sell a car, what is it... mods? etc? i can reccomend a few high-traffic sites

not many bud, this is america... america demands money, i love money, i would demand it too...

LOCAL forums are a great way to sell a car, what is it... mods? etc? i can reccomend a few high-traffic sites

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51568

As posted here on CR. Changed the price a few times prior to my fixing the brakes and a few other things. Obviously, as I've maintained the car and replaced the brakes, etc...the price has gone up. Just sucks that this is not a good economy to be selling anything. :mad:

honeestly pay the dam money to put it on autotrader we put my ex v6 camaro with a bad head gasket on there for 4k and had 10 calls the first day the add was out its worth it in my opinion

I'm familiar with the website. Any idea how much it would cost?

Point noted. Put $$ into car to keep it in decent shape. Not taking any less than $2,000 for it. Rather keep it than sell it for less than what I've put into it. May do the ebay thing, thanks.

You may have trouble fetching 2,000 for an old 95 Taurus. Maybe you should give up, and keep that gem for yourself?

Autotrader FTW. You have to pay but its totally worth it. When I put my 3k on there I didnt think I would get that many people that wanted it. I was wrong I got a ton of emails within a few days. I sold it to some kid in Indiana. It was only 40.00 to put it on there with pics. Autotrader works end of story.

As stated, 2k for a beat up 95 taurus wagon is not going to sell fast. You can get a SHO taurus in similar condition for 2k. I bet if you put it on autotrader for $1500 it would sell. The car is 13 years old, beat exterior, but has good drivetrain, sounds about like a 1500 car should be.

You may have trouble fetching 2,000 for an old 95 Taurus. Maybe you should give up, and keep that gem for yourself?

Not giving up....selling it one way or another. It may be cosmetically "beat" up to a degree...however it has only 46,000 original miles on it....therefore, it is priced at $2,000.

As stated, 2k for a beat up 95 taurus wagon is not going to sell fast. You can get a SHO taurus in similar condition for 2k. I bet if you put it on autotrader for $1500 it would sell. The car is 13 years old, beat exterior, but has good drivetrain, sounds about like a 1500 car should be.

Again, the car only has 46,000 original miles on it, regardless of the cosmetic condition of it. It doesn't warrent a price tag lower than $2,000. I have found similar cars with much higher mileage for $2500-$3000 and the cosmetic condition of those cars was not much better than mine. $2,000 is a fair price when you consider the cosmetic condition. Keep in mind, with just a little bit of $, this car has the ability to run for several more years. As far as putting it on autotrader, yeah, I'm open to that idea.

Quit being a cheap ass and pay a good place to list it.

Couldn't come close to selling my fiancée's Sentra on here or CL...too many cheap people. Threw it on Autotrader, and had it sold for a very nice price.

But if listing somewhere like that with a phone number, just hang up on any foreigners that call...I discovered it isn't worth my time answering questions that are clearly answered in the ad, and then getting a low-ball offer.

Guest Addicted2Boost
Trboawd always puts his cars on autotrader.. He has been thru 30 some cars/trucks/suv's.. He had a WRX before he got his Evo and he sold the WRX in like 2 days.. Its worth it IMO