I want a new career

verse

Anyone have any suggestions? I really don't want to wrench on cars the rest of my life.

I'm a quick learner, quick thinker, and quick worker. I'm just not sure what I want to do anymore.

I need to make at least $40k/year.

Sales FTW. Learn to make friends, influence people, drink on co. dime and have fun selling stuff and supporting customers with more autonomy than most any other job. You can make more than most so called "professionals" and with tenure and experience can move into a C-level position fairly easily. I make more than my wife and many of her Attorney friends, many of whom do make quite a nice living but have to pull down tons of hours and put up with tons of shit to do it too. I've learned to work on the golf course :D

Catch is you'll likely need at least a 4yr degree, but you can do that while working. My old boss is a Senior VP at a major US Branded Co. making well over $250k and is just now going to college at age 45. My brother never went a day in his life and he's mid to high six figures in the Oil Industry in Texas....Airforce for 12yrs and smart as hell.

It's more who you know and what you can do for them, than what's on paper.

It's going to be hard to switch career's and instantly turn 40K. I suggest finding something that you have a genuine interest in. Not something that "can earn the money you want" but gives you headaches and sleepless nights. Find what you love to do, and work hard at it. :)

be a service writer! no more wrenching.

I've considered that, not completely sure if it would be right for me or not.

My main interests in life are my son, golf, and cars.

Guest mrhobbz
I've considered that, not completely sure if it would be right for me or not.

My main interests in life are my son, golf, and cars.

Babysit while racing and playing golf, all at the same time?

go to college, get a degree in engineering. you can then be pretty much guaranteed $50k a year out the door with plenty of room to do whatever the fuck you want with your career.

What fantasy world are you living in?