Expensive sunglass crew

dragknee66

So my previous extremely old Oakley Jackets didnt cut it anymore.

Went and spent $209 freakin bucks and picked up some new Oakley Flaks. I must say they are a damn nice set of shades. Their ability to beed off water like a mofo is crazy too. Anyone else have a bad spending habbit on sun glasses?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a pair of Ducati Juliets that I bought 4-5 years ago. They were even more than what you paid. :nono: But they don't break and I don't lose them. Hell I still have my Duval vented M frames from the early nineties. :o

Current Ducati Juliets:

http://mi.oakley.com/images/catalog/generated/800x650/97/44353e93c091b.jpg

I have a pair of mid 90's oakley eye jackets that I sent back to oakley because the frame broke right after I bought them. They gave me a brand new pair, and I never wore them afterwards. Found them in the basement a few months ago, still in my oakley soft-shell case, haha.

Also, I bought a pair of ray-ban warriors a few weeks ago. Expensive sunglasses ftw.

not sure why you would want to advertise that youre stupid, but hey.

seriously, $200+ for some SUNGLASSES? do they come with a tv? an mp3 player built in? i mean, damn...

I have had 2 pair of expensive sunglasses in the last 15 years. When you pay that much for something, you take care of them and don't lose them. If I had Cheapo sunglasses, Which I have had in between the two pair of Oakleys. I broke and lost like 10 pair, each of which lasted maybe a month. That's $100 minimum at the $9.99 price. I paid like $250 for my Juliets and have had them for 4-5 years. I love them.

DJ I'm sure you never spend money on anything nice, like maybe an Acura? Hell you could have bought a Honda Fit for what under 12K. What are you, Stoopid or somethin'? Damn..... :cool:

I buy polarized sunglasses from Target from $12.99 to $19.99 a purr. I'm 30 years old with 20/20 vision.

Anyone that spends more than $100 on sunglasses isn't necessarily an idiot, but...one could easily make the inference. :)

EDIT: Scott does give me pause...if the glasses provides a level of impact protection, spend away. I now wear safety goggles even to mow my lawn...no sense in risking the possibility of permanent occular damage.

I buy polarized sunglasses from Target from $12.99 to $19.99 a purr. I'm 30 years old with 20/20 vision.

Anyone that spends more than $100 on sunglasses isn't necessarily an idiot, but...one could easily make the inference. :)

An expensive lens compared to a $20 lens is like night and day difference in clarity and effectiveness. Maybe you don't see it, that doesn't mean it's not true. Using the same analogy as above, some people can't tell the difference between a Ford and a BMW... does that mean the BMW isn't worth more money?

TimTaylor - it isn't hard to find a nice pair at sunglass hut for around $100. I also bought a pair of $40 polarized sg's from fossil once, and they were pretty good quality. Oh, you also could check out the sunglass hut outlet store at the Prime Outlets at Jeffersonville.

EDIT: Scott does give me pause...if the glasses provides a level of impact protection, spend away. I now wear safety goggles even to mow my lawn...no sense in risking the possibility of permanent occular damage.

CC4857D5-3048-812A-2E073E83E3499031.jpg

FTW! ^^^

The Oakley SI M Frame® surpasses ANSI Z87.1 Industrial Standards for high-mass and high-velocity impact protection

CC4857D5-3048-812A-2E073E83E3499031.jpg

FTW! ^^^

The Oakley SI M Frame® surpasses ANSI Z87.1 Industrial Standards for high-mass and high-velocity impact protection

Scott, that is the same color of M-Frame I have but I have the Duval vented lens in them from like 1991-92. It is special to make it easier to see in shadows when you are in bright sunlight or something. The lens is a bit scratched now since they are old. The paint is flaking off abit on the frame too. But I don't care, What lens should I buy for "shooting" from Oakley to put in these? The yellow one? I am thinking of pulling the trigger (pun intended) on a Springfield Armory .40 XD.

Scott, that is the same color of M-Frame I have but I have the Duval vented lens in them from like 1991-92. It is special to make it easier to see in shadows when you are in bright sunlight or something. The lens is a bit scratched now since they are old. The paint is flaking off abit on the frame too. But I don't care, What lens should I buy for "shooting" from Oakley to put in these? The yellow one? I am thinking of pulling the trigger (pun intended) on a Springfield Armory .40 XD.

I've got about a billion clear lenses for mine, I like shooting with clear lenses. Sometimes on over cast days when I'm outside, I've got an orange lens I pop in for those days. Sunglass hut USED to carry a bunch of the M frame lenses, but everytime I go in there, no lenses for the M frame. They're a whooping $30 for lenses, but well worth it. The Army actually issues the M-frames as of now, but I bought a set before they gave them out.

-You'll like the SA .40XD :)

I get all my oakleys now from

http://www.usstandardissue.com

I purchased many pairs throughout the years. Ray Ban, Serengetti, Oakley, Serengetti's amber lenses are, by far, my favorite as I have had at least 5 pairs.

I don't care how expensive they are. A good comfortable pair will make you forget you are wearing them at all. I have at least 2 pairs at the bottom of lakes/rivers from diving in with them on.