First time at track (Mid-Ohio, July 11th)

Buckeye Bullitt

I wont be able to make it, I have an HPDE the weekend after at Gingerman. Just make sure you follow the lines and dont overdrive. I would highly suggest riding in car with someone of an instructor level before you go out just so you can see how the course is supposed to be driven, it will really help out when you drive.

+1. Not knowing each turn at first really makes things more difficult. They have a few in-car videos of 1 lap on the Mid Ohio website. I'm sure you can find tons on Youtube as well.

I'll be there friday as well, and in tech on sat-sun. My car is essentially ready, but there's some fit/finish to do tonight. I'll be in the red Cougar.

Sorry I didn't say hello. I didn't see this until just now (our computer went down). Anyway, I had a complete blast. By the end I was pretty happy with my driving (at least for my fist time out). I really need to work on my timing on the real long turns though. I was pretty pleased with the way my car handled (considering it is a mustang) and was even making up some ground through part of the turns on a couple of smaller cars. It was missing really bad though. Think it is something electrical, COP maybe, because occasionally it wold stop missing and I would get a boost of power. Instructor said it felt like a turbo kicking in. Can't wait to do it again, but will not be able to make the August event.

And thanks everyone for the advise!

Matt