Cat Delete on F-Body

99FLHRCI

I have a friend in Columbus who has a 4th gen Camaro with a plugged convertor. He would like to pay someone cash to have the catalytic convertors removed, a pipe put in their place and a MIL Eliminator or O2 Simulator installed and no check engine light when done. If the cat was removed and the computer reflashed that would work fine also. I have done work for him before and he has always paid cash in advance. The car is very clean, stored winters. It should not have alot of rust issues. If I remember correctly it is a 99. I no longer have access to a shop. If anyone is interested in the job please call me at 937-243-4521 so I can put him in touch with you.

If this is an Ls1 it's a royal pain to install pipes because of the location of the cats, much easier to just punch out the honeycombs. I don't know who would do this for you though, this is a big liability for a shop. Even though I did this to mine. ;)

If this is an Ls1 it's a royal pain to install pipes because of the location of the cats, much easier to just punch out the honeycombs. I don't know who would do this for you though, this is a big liability for a shop. Even though I did this to mine. ;)

thats what i did to mine originally, but ended up putting a cut out in its place.

like others have said, good luck with tryin to find some one to do. most places will just laugh at you if you tell them. I just ended up have to take mine out along with the piping on it and made a traced drawing for them to bend a pipe to. worked to since they didnt have to even see the car.

Buy the off-road pipe for $100 and then have John Rutan tune it for a nominal fee.

Or just punch the cat out, then have John tune it.

Doesn't need a COMPLETE tune if thats all he's doing. All you need is the Rear O2's to not report, while your at it get the EGR and AIR systems deleted also.

Everytime I see your sig I think its hals. Ok, now back to subject. Didnt those cars either come with 1 or 2 cats?

The LT1s did - 96 and 97 LT1s had 2 cats. All LS1s have 2 cats. For what its worth the cats for an LS1 do not require the hump in the passenger floor but GM did not want to go through the expense of redesigning it.

I know no shop will do it that is why I came here. I was hoping someone wanted cash on the side for the job. If it takes buying an off-road pipe and a tune I am sure he is up for it. He does not have the tools or knowledge to do the job and I do not have a place to do it anymore. I have 2 cars in pieces in my garage. He is willing to have the car trailered to a house or shop or garage w/e works. He pays well. I am really kicking myself for letting my dad use the empty spot in my garage for his project car. Someone help me out please. I know lots of people have done this to their car on here. If you need reference about me not rating you out and getting a fine ask Bill (Bill Dozzer) about me.

Off road pipe FTW.

Cat deletes will not be done by 95% of the shops like Scott said... but that 5% still leaves a lot of shops that will do it (they just mark it as Misc on the invoice). I even know of a guy that had his cats removed by meineke. You will probably have a pm or two very soon of people that are willing to do it.

If he gets the off road y-pipe ill put it on. Let me know. I would say get that on, then schedule to have it tuned by John Rutan. If your gonna have the tune moddified for O2 sensors you might as well get a full tune while your at it.

I pm'ed John just now. When he gets back to me I will let you know. Thank you.

Also, I like the pacesetter off road Y.. I had the texas speed on my car when I had it and to be honest with you I thought it fucking sucked... I took it off threw it in the trash and got the pacesetter. It was easier to put on and part of the y under the driver's seat is a little flattened to help out with the clearance a little bit too.. My texas speed pipe was consistantly hitting the road.

I have a friend in Columbus who has a 4th gen Camaro with a plugged convertor. He would like to pay someone cash to have the catalytic convertors removed, a pipe put in their place and a MIL Eliminator or O2 Simulator installed and no check engine light when done. If the cat was removed and the computer reflashed that would work fine also. I have done work for him before and he has always paid cash in advance. The car is very clean, stored winters. It should not have alot of rust issues. If I remember correctly it is a 99. I no longer have access to a shop. If anyone is interested in the job please call me at 937-243-4521 so I can put him in touch with you.

id do it for free if i could keep the cats, welding the pipe out there and removing the codes with HPT

but im an 1.5 hours from columbus

id do it for free if i could keep the cats, welding the pipe out there and removing the codes with HPT

but im an 1.5 hours from columbus

Im sorry I am not up on tuning. Is HPT a pregrammer that would tell the computer not to look for the O2 Sensors? 1.5 hrs which way? Would you supply the pipe. Give me a call, he has a dolly so he may be interested. 937-243-4521