NGK Oxygen Sensor: Your opinion?

excell

Tupperware, the plastic fantastic wonder Saturn, lost B1S1 today. I would normally spring for a Delco or Denso, but they're near and over a hundred bucks (respectively). The NG(T)K is $50, but I've never run one and don't know their quality.

Opinions?

It's a Saturn.

Anyways, their spark plugs are fine. I don't see why there'd be a quality difference.

Exactly why I question. I don’t want to put quality money into the plastic A to B.

Example: Bosch; mostly decent stuff, but they make awful oxygen sensors.

Not keen on spending $50 if I'm replacing it in a year, where I could spend $125 and know that a Denso will probably survive the life of the car. I'm actually rather surprised we've lost a Delco with less than 60,000 miles - expected it to go well over 100,000.

Is it covered under the 100k mile emissions warranty?

Yes, it is. But the $50 and 15 minutes to replace it myself is worth more to me than taking it in and putting up with warranty bureaucracy, lost time shuffling my wife back and forth, wasted fuel, and personal frustration.

I have never had any comebacks installing NGK stuff on customers cars, however I stick to Delco on my stuff. The price difference doesn't sound right tho, usually NGK is right up there as well, I would make sure you're comparing apples to apples ie platinums and iridiums. Just a thought.

What's wrong w/ Bosch?

The Beater has been rocking one for over a year w/o problem.

Get whatever is cheapest.

:D

KillJoy

Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing. Bosch sensors come with almost anything...all AEM widebands are Bosch sensors, and I thought the Innovative widebands were the same.

Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing. Bosch sensors come with almost anything...all AEM widebands are Bosch sensors, and I thought the Innovative widebands were the same.

Most aftermakert sensors are the LSU Bosch because of the cost / calibration requirements. L1H1 and L2H2 sensors are(were) considered lab grade equpiement suitable for OEM use. Bosch's units are great at their intended purpose (current emissions control) and have been accepted as suitable for motorsports.

Nate (again on Carl's computer)