New Guy from Columbus

Radio Flyer

I was thinking GSXR 600, but have been steered toward GSF500, or SV650. I'm now finding out which of these would be better for my first year. I hope to get a 600 after my first season of riding.

I want to stay above the ground.

I would not mind owning a cruiser, but I see that coming later in life, or as a second bike sometime down the road.

And thank you for the warm welcome everyone!

I was thinking GSXR 600, but have been steered toward GSF500, or SV650. I'm now finding out which of these would be better for my first year. I hope to get a 600 after my first season of riding.

I want to stay above the ground.

I would not mind owning a cruiser, but I see that coming later in life, or as a second bike sometime down the road.

And thank you for the warm welcome everyone!

there is a lot of potential with the sv. if i had to choose id go with that.

gixxer ha silly :badgerrock:

:worshipR6:

check out kellys blue book for different price categories on different bikes... it's a good tool for bargaining too.... also check out cycle search, he has a bunch of "salvaged" bikes that may suit your needs for a couple years then trade up...

I had an '03 SV650S to start out on, and actually rode it for 4 years before going to my 600RR, and I still miss that thing. It had a great engine to play around with down low, so you didn't need to rev it to the ceiling to get the power. Also very forgiving when you needed it to be.

Great bike all around, and the aftermarket for it is really well stocked, you can get them to look like just about whatever you want. I have pics of mine in my profile albums, but you can easily go the other way with the streetfighter look with those bikes.

SV all the way....

Yeah, I've been looking on Cycle Search, hopefully by the beginning of March I'll be looking at bikes. Want to get through the MSF before I buy one so I know what to look for when I purchase one. I also want to test it out myself before purchase.[/quote

+1 for the SV. great bike.

You can find some good deals on SVs here. Plus loads of info if you go that route.

http://forum.svrider.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=33

Thanks for those links. I'm going to be taking my test for my permit tomorrow I think. Is it necessary to read up on the bike packet, or is it mostly common sense like the one for getting your temps for your car? I read the online packet on the MSF site to get an idea of what may be asked on the test.

Thanks for those links. I'm going to be taking my test for my permit tomorrow I think. Is it necessary to read up on the bike packet, or is it mostly common sense like the one for getting your temps for your car? I read the online packet on the MSF site to get an idea of what may be asked on the test.
some of it is common sense, but there are some rules that can be tricky.... I took mine in 06' had to take the written test twice cause I missed a few that I thought were obvious....

Already have it on my toolbar for the registration day! I'm already on top of that.

some of it is common sense, but there are some rules that can be tricky.... I took mine in 06' had to take the written test twice cause I missed a few that I thought were obvious....

Yeah, I went and just got the booklet on Tue and am going to take the written test tomorrow.