8 guys busted last night on 71

wnaplay1647545503

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn I just get back from Fun Ford Weekend to see all of this mess. Pretty hairy situation, but like was stated above at least nobody was killed. It was only a matter of time before the police came out full force and cracked the hammer down.

I'm actually surprised it took this long. It was unfortunate that a few of them were members here on CR. I hope for the best possible outcome for everyone involved.

Off Topic:

Maybe I didn't catch this - but when and with what branch did(do) you serve that has given you such a warped view? Please don't respond with what you've heard or what your friend's uncle's dad has heard.

I think you are very out of touch with what LEO's look for. Your description is more fitting for security firms like Blackwater.

On topic:

Sorry to hear, hope for the best.

The whole premise of the military is to have a few lead, but the masses to follow. Why do you think the training is set up the way it is. From the start of basic the recruits a broken down to follow. I am not saying this is a bad thing. It must be that way to have order and get the job done.

No I did not serve. I do not need to, to have an opinion. The argument "you did not serve so you cant opine" is a lame one.

yea i cant tell who did it i have a bunch of guys here at work who think they are funny till i rape them

-Dude you have a little dick!

-You wouldn't think it was so little if I stuck in your ass now would ya?

-You have won this argument!

im sorry maybe you misunderstood or maybe i wasnt clear I KNOW they have vid

and it was from a chopper not plane this i also KNOW

good then it will show my car at the back not racing or blocking traffic.

AJ and Antwon speak the truth. The investigation has to PROVE that they were street racing. We still live in a country where thugs in black shirts cannot set up road blocks and detain you without probably cause, and convict you without sufficient evidence (or do we?). I like how everybody buys into these "guilty until proven innocent" tactics that law enforcement uses.

I think it will be really hard to prove that Ant or his bro (he was driving a work truck for gods sake) were street racing or aiding in street racing, based on the fact that they were just cruising on 71.

My big problem with this whole shakedown was kind of bullshit considering the amount of manpower that was pulled from preventing/stopping other crimes; murders, rapes, theft, ect.

Guest mrhobbz
AJ and Antwon speak the truth. The investigation has to PROVE that they were street racing. We still live in a country where thugs in black shirts cannot set up road blocks and detain you without probably cause, and convict you without sufficient evidence (or do we?). I like how everybody buys into these "guilty until proven innocent" tactics that law enforcement uses.

I think it will be really hard to prove that Ant or his bro (he was driving a work truck for gods sake) were street racing or aiding in street racing, based on the fact that they were just cruising on 71.

My big problem with this whole shakedown was kind of bullshit considering the amount of manpower that was pulled from preventing/stopping other crimes; murders, rapes, theft, ect.

Thugs? rawfl.

So preventing terrific accidents is a bad thing? You know, losses can also be a result of street racing..

Those arrested by the patrol were identified as brothers Anthony Gray, 23, and Eric Gray, 24; Christopher Kolb, 38; Stephen Lenegar, 20; Andrew Meade, 25; Kyle Sargent, 24; Sean Smith, 20, and Jason Wyne, 21.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2008/07/12/sting.html?sid=102

You're sooo late, please edit your post and return to the first page and READ! :)

Thugs? rawfl.

So preventing terrific accidents is a bad thing? You know, losses can also be a result of street racing..

Thug:

A man, often a criminal, who treats others violently and roughly, especially for hire.

Losses from street racing vs murders, cancer, ect.

This kind of logic would put people in jail for smoking or eating a big mac.

I just got back from Lake Erie for a great drunken weekend and with some friends/family calling, mistaking C6Antwon car for mine. This all really sucks but over the years I figured it would happen sooner or later. It was pretty much a matter of time and from the dispatch add, it's clear the sting was set-up using info from here. From the looks of things they knew about the 71 spot for a while.

But what is frustrating is this comment, “Thanks to a tip that the drivers gathered at the Sonic restaurant on Polaris Parkway." We have to keep a tighter group from now on as someone has been running their mouths and it's pretty obvious. Or set-up legal track events as other's suggested. I very well could have skipped going up to the lake this weekend in favor of going out with everyone. That is if my car ever gets a motor any time soon :rolleyes:. I really hope things turn out for the best for all of those involved. Especially for linn since he seems to be the person the cops are going to make an example of. If anyone needs anything please let me know. I don't things will ever be the same after this happening.