Getting tire mounted - rotors on or off?

nurkvinny

It's been 3 or 4 years since I've had Iron Pony mount and balance a new front tire. Can they do it with the rotors still attached to the rim? Or, do I need to take them off?

Thanks

EDIT - I should add that I am obviously taking the rim to them OFF the bike. :)

I was just going to ask what you guys though was a good sport bike tire. I bought my first bike a few months ago and it has Dunlop's on it. For cars I perfer Michelins but have no idea about bike tires. I see you've guys mentioned the Pilot Power which I never heard of. Oh and they are for an R1, any suggestions would be awesome.

Actually that's what happened to the Dunlop's. They are flat in the center, pretty much were that way when I bought the bike but I've put 2k miles on it already since May 6th, so now there really bad. Actually that's another question. The front is not that bad but I heard that if you switch brands you are suppose to replace both at the same time because of the curve of the tires, or they will wear faster, is that true?

Actually that's what happened to the Dunlop's. They are flat in the center, pretty much were that way when I bought the bike but I've put 2k miles on it already since May 6th, so now there really bad. Actually that's another question. The front is not that bad but I heard that if you switch brands you are suppose to replace both at the same time because of the curve of the tires, or they will wear faster, is that true?

you dont have to change them both at the same time, nor do you have to have the same brand. although if your tires are dry rotted or cracked, id replace them asap.

as a generality, you change the front every other time you change the rear.

if they are both squared off though, id probalby just replace both.

sometimes iron pony has tire sets on sale.

Hence the creation of the Pilot Power 2CT. Harder compound in the center for those long commutes.

They're better than the original Pilot Powers in that sense, but they still can square off(one of the reasons the Pilot Roads keep going for commuters.

Every new tire feels 50% better than the old worn one you took off........I'll second the Pilot Power 2CT's though.

Noooo, the new Avon feels better than the Dunlop when it was also new.

I have put 3 220's and now an Avon on the Mean Streak. The 220s wore out way too fast. I only went with the Avon because it was the only one that size that Iron Pony had.