Boat crew

Sam1647545489

Anyone have a boat like these or been on one. I really like them and been thinking of picking up a cheaper one and dropping in a ls1 motor or building the motor already in it.

http://www.jetboatperformance.com/index.php?p=boats

They look fun as hell.

Also there might be a few of us goin with our boats this saturday morning at 6am to alum creek to get some top speed runs in on the lake while the water is still like glass. :cool: I am hoping for 60+ mph on the stock speedster.

My dad has a 76 Sanger super jet.... They are fun!

He may want to sell it! You may be able to get his for lees than the one you have listed. It has a 460 ford, with a Berkley pump.

Looks like this one

http://www.jetboatperformance.com/images/uploads/Back_From_V-drive_Huntin_a.jpg

Would cetainly be a rush! It seems to me like having a larger general purpose speedboat that can tow and seat more people would ideal. If you need a speed fix just pick up a jet ski or two.

I have a 20' seadoo speedster with 430hp that I can put 8 people on it. It is fun but I want something that I can go out alone on and get some good speed in. There is nothing like goin 100mph on water. Totally different feeling. I am looking to find something ignorantly loud and fast. :cool:

My dad has a 76 Sanger super jet.... They are fun!

He may want to sell it! You may be able to get his for lees than the one you have listed. It has a 460 ford, with a Berkley pump.

Looks like this one

http://www.jetboatperformance.com/images/uploads/Back_From_V-drive_Huntin_a.jpg

Tell me more???

Tell me more???

He bought it about four years ago from a guy in Cincinnati. At one time the boat had a 427 ford and would go 100+ It now has the Stock 460 and I would guess on calm water it is in the high 70's low 80's. Overall the boat is in good condition a couple nicks here and there. The name of it is GoldFinger II. I will call him today, and see if he is interested in selling.

I will tell you that the boat is fast enough that you cannot have an open beer/soda on it at top speed. The air going over the can will siphon the liquid out. And the big 1300 cc jet skis cant hang with it.

I have a 20' seadoo speedster with 430hp that I can put 8 people on it. It is fun but I want something that I can go out alone on and get some good speed in. There is nothing like goin 100mph on water. Totally different feeling. I am looking to find something ignorantly loud and fast. :cool:

Got ya...ignorantly loud and fast is good ;) Hearing that sound come from a boat always impresses me more for some reason!

I've always wanted an old '70s jet boat, but they really only work on inland lakes...not good for saltwater where you might be stuck in 2-4ft seas that could flip you at half-throttle.

Totally un-nautical machines, but as a car guy I love it. 20' piece of fiberglass that's got a draw less than 3 feet high sporting over 400hp...God Bless America.

It looks exactly like this.

Also I have a patient that is supposed to call me this week about a checkmate that has twin turbos on it. It needs repaired the CV joint broke and tore up a couple of things, but fixable. I will keep you posted.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k25/straightchiro/Sangerjet_overall.jpg

Those are more of a river boat than a lake boat. Lakes build chop with use by other boats, and this style of boat is NOT stable in chop. If you have access to rivers, were all you have to worry about is the wake of barges and boats, go for it.

Sam, I might be out on Saturday if the weather is nice. 6 AM. is crazy early but I might be out by 10:00 AM.

Matt I dont think we will be out that late. We are only goin for alittle bit to do some top speed runs on gps to see how fast the boat is before I mod it.

I may be out on buckeye on sunday. I got lucky and have a covered dock on liebs island. There are 2 guys out there with them. Id try to catch them to learn a lil more. They dont look like much fun on rough water. And the patrol seems to always to watch them.

Sam are you looking at some sort of Riva Performance package or something. I have seen quite a few RXP's like mine with all Riva and they seem to work nicely. I am thinking about getting their intake and blowoff valve. So far though I have yet to be beat by another wave runner. At Indian Lake there are a lot of people who think they have the fastest thing ever made for man on water and they always seem to find me and my girlfriend cruising around. It is always funny for me to see them WOT standing up on the back of it and all hunched down trying to be aerodynamic and I fly by them sitting with a passenger on the back. Although riding two people sucks on mine during a busy weekend. the way the hull is designed it just wants to jump right out of the water a bit too much. My others just cut right through it.

If you are doing top speed runs early in the morning, why not go to something a little closer and for sure to be calm, such as Griggs or O'Shaughnessy.

Both are plenty deep enough, and enough room to do top speed runs. Plenty of nice boats go out there; I feel so poor running around all those 50k+ Wakeboard boats out there...I want one, BAD!

No reason to be up at 6am. Hell, make it more like 10am (will still be plenty calm). I now live almost on Griggs, and boat there weekly...can have my boat at the launch ramp in 3-4 minutes from leaving the condo.

Sam are you looking at some sort of Riva Performance package or something. I have seen quite a few RXP's like mine with all Riva and they seem to work nicely. I am thinking about getting their intake and blowoff valve. So far though I have yet to be beat by another wave runner. At Indian Lake there are a lot of people who think they have the fastest thing ever made for man on water and they always seem to find me and my girlfriend cruising around. It is always funny for me to see them WOT standing up on the back of it and all hunched down trying to be aerodynamic and I fly by them sitting with a passenger on the back. Although riding two people sucks on mine during a busy weekend. the way the hull is designed it just wants to jump right out of the water a bit too much. My others just cut right through it.

I have been on Riva's site quite alot lately. I wanna do their upgraded s/c wheel formore boost, different prop, custom intake and a few other things to see if I cant get close to 70mph. Its 5:15am right now and I am leaving to go to alum to see how it does. I will post results later.

If you are doing top speed runs early in the morning, why not go to something a little closer and for sure to be calm, such as Griggs or O'Shaughnessy.

Both are plenty deep enough, and enough room to do top speed runs. Plenty of nice boats go out there; I feel so poor running around all those 50k+ Wakeboard boats out there...I want one, BAD!

No reason to be up at 6am. Hell, make it more like 10am (will still be plenty calm). I now live almost on Griggs, and boat there weekly...can have my boat at the launch ramp in 3-4 minutes from leaving the condo.

Joe where is Griggs at. I dont think I ever been there. Anyways today with 75% fuel, 650# of body weight in the boat and nothing done to the motors we hit 58mph gps. Not to bad for all stock boat. I hope to be hitting the high 60's here soon with the upgrades and just me in the boat.