Hi, I'm new

DrJaymez

you could ditch the volvo, and go with a G8 or GTO--solid cars that you can drive to work AND modify as well--i drove my GTO to work quite a bit last year.

its hard to find a solid fox mustang that won't frustrate the shit out of you from time to time--as well as consume time that you may not have during your residency.

good luck in residency--try to get in on medical house officer moonlighting at mount carmel east hospital (i knew at least one med/peds guy that did this) and you can have whatever car you want during your residency.

Well, I'm getting near the end. 11 mos left. Plenty of moonlighting opportunities mean that I have more $$ than time. But I'm still a cheap bastard.

I bet we know the same med/peds guy then! (JB?)

I like my volvo. It is nice to drive. Very utilitarian. Handy on vacations with plenty of room for the dog in the back.

Well, I'm getting near the end. 11 mos left. Plenty of moonlighting opportunities mean that I have more $$ than time. But I'm still a cheap bastard.

I bet we know the same med/peds guy then! (JB?)

yep, jared and i went to med school together.

Are you mechanical at all?

Go for a DSM, a 1g AWD would be a awsome choice.

They are fun little car's, and not many people have them, so, you will be able to have something no one else really dose... if that is your thing.

Also, if you don't know anything about turning wrenches, you will learn quick owning a dsm.