Time Warner vs ???

KillJoy

We have Time Warner at home, and have constant problems with the on demand and the channels "stutter" half the time. We had 5 or 6 services calls out here with no resolution.

I had Directv for years and had no problems They do seem to have a ton more HD, but no on demand for the kids. I think we will be going back to them shortly.

WOW. Period.

I'm stuck with TW at my fiancée's place, where I now live. I still have all my WOW stuff back at my house...and it is simply better. Hell, I'm watching my WOW DVR through my Slingbox at my fiancée's place right now.

I also miss Discovery HD, which TW doesn't offer. :(

WOW. Period.

I'm stuck with TW at my fiancée's place, where I now live. I still have all my WOW stuff back at my house...and it is simply better. Hell, I'm watching my WOW DVR through my Slingbox at my fiancée's place right now.

Make your fiance' move to your place? :)

Btw, Joe.. I had WOW come out on Monday and took care of a lot of issues at my house. He stuck like a few white splitter boxes with a green LED on them. I can't remember exactly what he said they were, but it fixed a lot of the issues. Same with why my son couldn't go above 99 on the digital cable in his room.

All seems good with WOW. Only lacking the HD channels which you have to pay I think $10 for the extra 10-15 on top of the 10 that they offer with the HD package.

I gave AT&T U-Verse a trial, and for what I had (standard res tube tv), it was great. Never had a single quality problem, the DVR worked well, and the internet on top of it was top notch as well. U200 channel package plus 6M/1M was about $92/mo after tax. Only reason I dropped it was that with Galactica having jumped the shark so many times the shark's eaten it, and getting my anime fix via torrents, it just wasn't worth keeping.

x2 Zero Internet Issues, Cable Phone is perfect and TV...nice selection of channels, HDMI DVR and fairly trouble free.....at least compared to what we had with TW.

WOW. Period.

DirecTV. Best service out there, period. And they are now beta-testing On-Demand. If you have broadband, you can plug your compliant reciever into your home network and try their on-demand. I haven't tried it yet, mostly out of laziness. :p But they are working to do the one thing Cable has over them, and I'm sure that they'll do it better than Cable.

For Internet, I have TW.. *shrug* It's not too expensive and when it's all said and done, I'll be paying about the same as TW TV+Internet but with TONS more HD channels, better service, clearer signal, and just an overall happier experience.

Cable sucks. They have no wish to provide a good service to their customers. It's seem they are banking on people either not switching to Satellite, or on those that can't.

ATT Uverse has been doing well for me for the past month or so that i've had it. Good HD, good internet, the only drawback is you either need your own coax plant or your own ethernet plant running throughout your house. If you have an apartment or condo with multiple TVs, it can be tough to get the boxes deployed where you want them. Lucky for me I happen to have ethernet to every room in the house.

The only downside is that you may experience difficulty with, say, 'peer' style software tools that you may use for your internetsing and what not. I noticed absolutely no restrictions with Time Warner, but ATT does things 'differently' shall we say. For what it's worth.

If anyone gets anything besides Direct TV .....DUMB. 3 words NFL Sunday Ticket is totally worth the price. They are about to add 30 more HD channels next month. It blows away TW WOW and any other shitty cable company you can come up with. I wouldnt change for anyone else.

You are even more dumb if you dont have a HD tv by now and a HD reciever. Its amazing how I cant watch anything now in standard definition. Sports in HD is truly the greatest thing in the world.

We pay about $100 month for HD digital cable, all the HBO's, Starz, and Encore, OnDeman plus their fast internet. I think its 8000k up/512k down. (No problems since the beginning though I wish they had more HD channels. Those are on the way plus other features, as well.) Oh, it's Time Warner. I've considered DirectTV, but I've always heard stories about satellite placement and weather issues.

People who think that the satellite goes out when it's raining are fucking stupid, don't listen to them. If that happens, their dish is aimed wrong. The satellite doesn't go out unless there are extremely thick clouds in the sky, which is rare.

On top of that, they have OnDemand now Dr. Rick.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageNR.jsp?assetId=P4750018

I also have TW -- will be switching to WOW next month before football season starts. I tried to switch to satellite last year, but they determined we had too many trees in our area and they couldn't get proper line of sight. :(

DirecTV. Best service out there, period. And they are now beta-testing On-Demand. If you have broadband, you can plug your compliant reciever into your home network and try their on-demand. I haven't tried it yet, mostly out of laziness. :p But they are working to do the one thing Cable has over them, and I'm sure that they'll do it better than Cable.

For Internet, I have TW.. *shrug* It's not too expensive and when it's all said and done, I'll be paying about the same as TW TV+Internet but with TONS more HD channels, better service, clearer signal, and just an overall happier experience.

Cable sucks. They have no wish to provide a good service to their customers. It's seem they are banking on people either not switching to Satellite, or on those that can't.

Odd...JD Power has rated WOW higher than DirectTV and Dish Network for customer service for a couple of years now.

DirectTV's CEO even had a conference this year talking about their great customer service and what they do, but had to mention a blurb during it that they were beaten by a small, regional cable company: WOW. WOW's CEO was sitting there at the conference.

People can go with whatever they want. I have personally had good experience's with WOW's service. Better than I can say with Time Warner and Insight.

Guest GMoney
People who think that the satellite goes out when it's raining are fucking stupid, don't listen to them. If that happens, their dish is aimed wrong. The satellite doesn't go out unless there are extremely thick clouds in the sky, which is rare.

On top of that, they have OnDemand now Dr. Rick.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageNR.jsp?assetId=P4750018

Extremely thick clouds... Thats everyday in Columbus..

Odd...JD Power has rated WOW higher than DirectTV and Dish Network for customer service for a couple of years now.

DirectTV's CEO even had a conference this year talking about their great customer service and what they do, but had to mention a blurb during it that they were beaten by a small, regional cable company: WOW. WOW's CEO was sitting there at the conference.

People can go with whatever they want. I have personally had good experience's with WOW's service. Better than I can say with Time Warner and Insight.

I haven't had to deal with WOW's customer service, but I've been more than happy with DirecTV's. But when I was talking about service, I meant the product itself. A friend of mine has WOW at his house and it's just awful. They just have a basic service, but it looks like they are trying to get channels through an antenna. A good third of their channels are fuzzy and nearly unwatchable. They've had WOW techs come out multiple times to try and fix it, but it's never been fixed.

Now they're waiting for U-verse. I haven't seen U-verse first hand, but one thing that made me wary was that in all the promotional materials I've recieved about it, not once did they use "HD" or High Def. Instead they used the term "Advanced TV". Looking at their website now, I see they're using HD now, but before they didn't which really made me wary.