M1 Carbine question

FourString

A buddy and I are driving up for the MoPar Nationals on Saturday. He mentioned that he would like to buy an M1 Carbine on Saturday if he could find one for a reasonable price. Does anyone know where to find reasonably priced military guns in the Columbus area? We are stopping by Vance's for sure, but they do not appear to currently have any carbines in stock.

CMP, camp perry store. Make sure you take your birth certificate with you. I picked up a Garand and a Carbine for about 500 ea. After a good cleaning and inspection, I took the garand out and it was dead on. They usually have 5 or 6 racks of Garands up there. You can spend way more than $500 if you are looking for certian manufactures (International Harvester, Winchester, H&R, ect.)

m1's are sexy. i once shot a gopher with one, and it turned him inside out. damn near broke my shoulder too. last time i held that thing too loose, let me tell ya.

You either shot an M1 Garand or an M1A (M14). The M1 Carbine only shoots a .30 caliber, where M1 Garand shoots 30-06 and the M1A (M14) shoots .308 (7.62mm NATO). The M1 Carbine kicks like a .22 on steroids that's all.

http://www.gunbroker.com

If you haven't heard of it, it's like a ebay for gun's.

Great website. I'm on there often just dreaming. I cannot afford to buy guns on a regular basis like my friend does though.

You hillbillies and your guns!!

Funny coming from you. I seem to remember you in my backyard using your 9mm to vent a radiator.

CMP, camp perry store. Make sure you take your birth certificate with you. I picked up a Garand and a Carbine for about 500 ea. After a good cleaning and inspection, I took the garand out and it was dead on. They usually have 5 or 6 racks of Garands up there. You can spend way more than $500 if you are looking for certian manufactures (International Harvester, Winchester, H&R, ect.)

Where is this at? He will buy one for sure if he can find it for $500.

Where does your friend live?

Portsmouth. It is located 100 miles south of Columbus.

Jungle Carbine will be the ONLY hard one to find. Auto Ordinance still makes the M1 Carbines if I am not mistaken.

http://www.tommygun.com/ao_aom110_f.html

Jungle Carbine FTW

I will show him this thread. That is actually pretty badass. If I were to buy one, I would for sure want one like that.