Any Fisherman/Anglers?

Drewhop

Lazy? :confused:

Exactly. I used to do it to prove something now i just go fishing to relax and get away from the large amount of stupid people i have to deal with on a daily basis.

Ok so CR fishing trip whos down?

Exactly. I used to do it to prove something now i just go fishing to relax and get away from the large amount of stupid people i have to deal with on a daily basis.

Ok so CR fishing trip whos down?

Nothing to prove when you go fishing... just something to do. Its almost completely free fun. Besides initial investment, you dont ever have to pay to go do it. Underneathe all its fun and glory, its still a skill that you have to learn how to do well, and that if nothing else is the gratifying part of it.

my dad and brother do a bunch of the tournaments and such for bass fishing...they are crazy about it i think they have 3 boats now and they always do pretty well

i can find a ton of spots for ya locally i just gotta ask i think they have them all marked on gps

I mostly go wading for crappie in hoover with my grandpa and brother. We will also catch bluegill and catfish. We have had back to back good years.

2 years ago-

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n262/biga0206/DSCN0346.jpg

This year-

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n262/biga0206/fish.jpg

Both just shy of 15 inches. Nice fish

I've been fishing quite a bit lately. I never really used to care for it, but since we have been frying up the fish and eating them afterward it gives me something to look forward to, so I enjoy it more. I can make some mean catfish too. We usually wait till we catch 8-12 good size catfish then take them back and cook them up

I can agree with most of that except for me true excitement in fishing is seeing a large mouth bass hit a lure on top of the water and explode a foot out of the water. Small and large mouth bass put up a amazing fight i absolutely love bass fishing.

So if at one point i would have considered myself a angler but now i just fish for whatever feels like biting. What is that considered?

If you think that is a thrill try going up to canada and catching pike after pike on the top of crystal clear water using nothing but a topwater devil horse lure. That my friend is a thrill. But after about 125 fish in three days, you will stop taking interest in catching anymore. Not to mention the fact that some of the pike you catch will get closer to the canoe and you will quickly decide that you are not bringing that alligator ass size fish in there with you and cut the line instead. I actually had a pike overturn my father and I in a canoe.(I am sorry if this is not well writen or hard to understand, I am CR surfing Drunk as hell.) It has taken me 5 damn mins to write this post. If anyone is interested in going fishing in the next few days let me know, we can take my boat to wherever. Ohio water sucks for fishing though compared to KY or Tenn.

A drunk invite huh? ......those rarely ever follow through.

But if you want to chill and fish at choctaw with some beer sometime I'm down. I know the fishing there isn't great, but I don't have a lot of time to travel other places and fish.

Fishing out there isnt bad at all, you just have to know where to fish ;)

I released a 12 inch crappie back into the water just last night. Can't say I was sad to see it go.
I was shocked I caught that fish due to where I was fishing and what depth. I was fishing for catfish and I decide to reel my line in and at the last possible second before my bait left the water that fucker decided to get hooked I was suprised by that fact.

I mostly go wading for crappie in hoover with my grandpa and brother. We will also catch bluegill and catfish. We have had back to back good years.

2 years ago-

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n262/biga0206/DSCN0346.jpg

This year-

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n262/biga0206/fish.jpg

Both just shy of 15 inches.

nice fish

A drunk invite huh? ......those rarely ever follow through.

But if you want to chill and fish at choctaw with some beer sometime I'm down. I know the fishing there isn't great, but I don't have a lot of time to travel other places and fish.

Ha ha. It was a rough night. But the invite still stands. I know Erin fishes out there everyonce in a while and does alright, I just haven't had the chance to go with her yet. I'd come up there and fish but I can't put the boat in the water, I can't get a sticker.

Ha ha. It was a rough night. But the invite still stands. I know Erin fishes out there everyonce in a while and does alright, I just haven't had the chance to go with her yet. I'd come up there and fish but I can't put the boat in the water, I can't get a sticker.

We don't have to go out on a boat to fish there. I have some friends that live on the water or we can go to the dam/spillway. Erin lives on the water too doesn't she?

I was shocked I caught that fish due to where I was fishing and what depth. I was fishing for catfish and I decide to reel my line in and at the last possible second before my bait left the water that fucker decided to get hooked I was suprised by that fact.

:lol: I was referring to my Chipotle-induced crappie.

We don't have to go out on a boat to fish there. I have some friends that live on the water or we can go to the dam/spillway. Erin lives on the water too doesn't she?

yep i do, but i don't usually go at my house bc our shoreline is rocky/sandy and the best you can catch is bluegill next door under my neighbor's dock. across the lake from me though is a quiet little inlet thats usually pretty dependable around dusk. theres a big grassy area so I sometimes just go by myself and take the dog along...

Went out tonight with the wife and kids did a little fishing at buckeye lake.

Did more looking for a spot then actually fishing but had a great time exploring.

Here is one fish just a lil cat but was funny it was caught on a wax worm about 3 foot from the shore on a bluegill setup.

http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n460/Drewhop1/DSC00750.jpg

Wife caught a 6-7" Perch

Had a great time until all hell broke loose on way home started raining so hard i had to pull over.