things may change in NASCAR

AJ

and if they do i may even watch.......no still won't but you could imagin.

http://www.autoextremist.com/fumes1/

cliffs:

Autoextremist has an interesting article on the big 3 auto makers and their future association with NASCAR. He describes a "wish list" the manufacturers have as a basis for future discussions

1. Make the new "pony cars", with stock bodies, the future NASCAR race platforms.

2. Upgrade technology: fuel injection, OHC, E85.

3. Increase road course races from 2 to 4.

4. Cut overall race schedule

5. Eliminate truck series

6. Make Nationwide a true driver development series

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Good idea

2. EFI and E85 cool. OHC....ehhh, look how far GM (and others) are pushing OHV platforms. I'd stick with that still.

3. Good

4. Ehh, I don't really watch much of it, but with the huge fan base and turnouts to races, that seems like a bad idea to me.

5. From what I've seen/heard about, the truck series is one of the best ones to watch. Doesn't make sense to cut that

6. Cool I suppose.

They are actually really fun to GO watch. I went to Bristol TN 2 years ago and had a blast.

You can bring coolers full of beer into the stands, and watch the race. Pretty sweet.

Boring as hell on TV though.

Nothing snobby about not liking NASCAR. It isn't the rednecks, beer-swilling, crashes, etc that I'm avoiding NASCAR for. It's the boring racing, painfully slow passing, and crappy cars. Especially the cars.

National

Association of

Stock

CAr

Racing

Note the "STOCK CAR" part of that.

now they should be called NACCAR:

National

Association of

Comitee-designed

CAr

Racing

They handle so poorly I think they just ignored the engineers alltogether.... Either that, or their engineers only know how to go fast on ovals.

I would certianly watch NASCAR if it became Stock Car racing again. Or at the very least, let the teams develop their cars! It's the stupid clinging to "Stock Car Racing" when the car obviously aren't that turns my stomach. You either let the teams develop the cars, or sit them in STOCK cars. You can't have both.

Left turn....left turn....left turn....left turn....

Yeah, I'll stick to real racing.

They are running Watkins Glen this weekend. Tune in for a minute, you may be surprised at the entertainment value of 3400lb. 780hp cars running 2 wide through the bus stop.

They are running Watkins Glen this weekend. Tune in for a minute, you may be surprised at the entertainment value of 3400lb. 780hp cars running 2 wide through the bus stop.

:nod:

EFI would be a cool thing to see, but I'm wondering how they'll regulate it? With the carb'd set ups the restrictor plate cuts the power. Will there be a blanket ECU tune? Throttle stop? Smaller throttle body?

I wouldn't mind more road courses too, that would kick ass on top of them going to a super speedway the very next weekend. I figured they'd keep the pony cars out of it for their aerodynamic advantages. The older IROC cars were Trans-Ams not too long ago, but seemed they were a little faster than the Cup cars. No need to complicate something that works as is.

Assuming they can actually make it a full two laps without a caution.

:nod:

EFI would be a cool thing to see, but I'm wondering how they'll regulate it? With the carb'd set ups the restrictor plate cuts the power. Will there be a blanket ECU tune? Throttle stop? Smaller throttle body?

Yes, They would have one identical spec ECU that they would hand out to the teams before each race.

You're crazy, they can't handle for shit, they have V8 for gods sake! :rolleyes:

Why don't they just institue a blanket WHP rule? With a minimum weight, that would equate to a set power to weight ratio.. If a team protests that another is makign too much power, they strap the car to a dyno and find out.

Then I would be out of a job. Fuck Spec classes.

Why don't they just institue a blanket WHP rule? With a minimum weight, that would equate to a set power to weight ratio.. If a team protests that another is makign too much power, they strap the car to a dyno and find out.

Because then it would be called IRL, why not make them all Honda engines while you are at it. :nono: