Hal vs. stock V6 on roadcourse?

Tinman

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes the green Neon is now temporarily put out to pasture. It will return to race another day but for now it is faster to build a new car hence the 30 day miracle Neon.

Jack's seat, harness, Hans device, helmet and cage enabled him to walk away with only a sore neck and bruised knee.

We pulled a bare Neon shell out of a barn less than a month ago and it is currently being caged out here in J-town. Four more bars to go and the cage will be done then it's off for paint and assembly.

Wonder Team Unite!

ok, let's do the road course they do.

how much does the track time cost at Mid-Ohio Tinman?

you shouldn't even be posting in this thread based on your participation in the previous locked thread. i guess its only natural that you drive a chick car since your automotive knowledge is less than most women (no offense to any of the women on this forum who ALL surely know more than you about what the term "stock" means). and your chicklet car would get destroyed by an '03/04 cobra by the way--good luck finding a stock cobra though.

Ha...I was just adding fuel to the fire. Matt's a very talented driver for those that don't follow him closely.

Andy

I know, Matt would hand me my ass I bet, I just wanted to get the response I got out of Jones. I knew he would puss out. He's all talk.

you shouldn't even be posting in this thread based on your participation in the previous locked thread. i guess its only natural that you drive a chick car since your automotive knowledge is less than most women (no offense to any of the women on this forum who ALL surely know more than you about what the term "stock" means). and your chicklet car would get destroyed by an '03/04 cobra by the way--good luck finding a stock cobra though.

Anyone have a link to this thread- seems like I missed a good one...

• 3 weeks later...
Well since the Oven thread has closed I thought I would invite Hal to run against a stock V6 on a real track here instead.

First off, let me say that this is probably only being posted as I have had a few and have not posted here much lately and it's getting pretty fucking boring on CR.

Secondly, I know nothing of Hal and very little about his car, only what was posted in the oven thread. But I would like to see him bring it out to Mid Ohio or Nelson Ledges and see how he does against a little n/a V6. I will be at the Mid Ohio NASA event on the 16th and 17th and invite him to come out and compare lap times. If it is too late to register I'm sure we can meet at Nelson Ledges before they close for the season.

The car in question is my daily driver 89 RX7 with a stock GM 3.8. It puts down a measly 187rwhp and weighs 3000lbs. with me and a full tank of gas on board. The only change I make for the track is alignment settings, everything else remains the same as my daily 50 mile commute.

I was at mid-ohio like 2 weekends ago and saw you running. I must say that you have chosen a very interesting motor for your car. Best of luck!

Ask Matt about 3800s and their awesomeness. :)

Having an engine that belongs in a small truck is definitely an odd way to go for running on a roadcourse. But with the broad torque curve I only have to change gears 6 times at Mid Ohio, 4 times at Putnam Park, and 3 times at Nelson Ledges. Also it allows the gas pedal to act as steering wheel in the high speed turns as well as the tight ones.

It wasn't my first choice, just the least expensive. But it works very well as a good mpg daily driver that is decently capable on the track.

Having an engine that belongs in a small truck is definitely an odd way to go for running on a roadcourse. But with the broad torque curve I only have to change gears 6 times at Mid Ohio, 4 times at Putnam Park, and 3 times at Nelson Ledges. Also it allows the gas pedal to act as steering wheel in the high speed turns as well as the tight ones.

It wasn't my first choice, just the least expensive. But it works very well as a good mpg daily driver that is decently capable on the track.

you should try modding it. these things perk up nicely with a few bolt on's