Hal vs. stock V6 on roadcourse?

Tinman

Well since the Oven thread has closed I thought I would invite Hal to run against a stock V6 on a real track here instead.

First off, let me say that this is probably only being posted as I have had a few and have not posted here much lately and it's getting pretty fucking boring on CR.

Secondly, I know nothing of Hal and very little about his car, only what was posted in the oven thread. But I would like to see him bring it out to Mid Ohio or Nelson Ledges and see how he does against a little n/a V6. I will be at the Mid Ohio NASA event on the 16th and 17th and invite him to come out and compare lap times. If it is too late to register I'm sure we can meet at Nelson Ledges before they close for the season.

The car in question is my daily driver 89 RX7 with a stock GM 3.8. It puts down a measly 187rwhp and weighs 3000lbs. with me and a full tank of gas on board. The only change I make for the track is alignment settings, everything else remains the same as my daily 50 mile commute.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, if you find out days, I'll try to make it.

September 5th, October 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, and 31st. Unfortunately Nelson Ledges has been sold and rumor has it that they will be shutting down after Labor Day for a complete revamp of the facilities and track. If this holds true there is also another NASA event at Mid Ohio and one at Putnam Park this year.

how much does the track time cost at Mid-Ohio Tinman?

Nelson Ledges Fun Days are $120 or $130. NASA Events are $300-$350 per weekend or $150-$175 for a Friday only. You must be a NASA member to sign up but membership is only $40 and comes with plenty of perks and discounts.

It's a freakin blast!

I must warn you, road courses are very addictive.

My winter plans won't work well for driving on a road course, I hope it's not too addictive.

shit, anyone wanna take on my little 3.8L N/A V6? lol

just read the other thread to, ogeretla, i have 3.8 V6 f-body that makes about 300 hp right now, ill take you in any kind of race you want any day. the only suspension mods i have are lower control arms.

Bring it. Road course. I have maybe half your power.

September 5th, October 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, and 31st. Unfortunately Nelson Ledges has been sold and rumor has it that they will be shutting down after Labor Day for a complete revamp of the facilities and track. If this holds true there is also another NASA event at Mid Ohio and one at Putnam Park this year.

I'm a touch closer to Putnam now (hour and change) - so if anyone's headed up feel free to stop by and crash. You'll have to sleep in the room filled with high explosives, fertilizer, and various weaponry - but hey - that's better then the place reeking of curry, right?

:)

I got a $100 on matt VS anybody in this thread.

:)

ORLY... My 3.4 vs. his 3.8. Mine's 3300 w/ driver so it's got 300lbs on him too.

Just to add fuel to the fire. While the NASA event appears full, the PCA event the following two days (18'th/19'th) it not at capacity yet and only $295 for two days.

Andy