12.5.... Happy to sad in 15 mins....

neonkiller

Well Went to Kilkare this weeekend and the car went 12.5 @116

so far best pass to date priolly had more in her but as I returned to the staging lanes I smelled Trans fluid...

there was a huige trail from the Ticket stand all the way to staging "Sorry guys" and I knew the tranny let go in its glorry:bangbang:

So far Ive been thru 5 transmissions in this car and I just wanted to say I will build it again ;)

Next up will be a dog box, thats right straight cut gears. Car will be stored for the rest of the Summer and work contuinued early spring next year. Car will be gutted out and turned into a drag machine.

If compression checks out motor will stay the same and if it doesnt it will get new rings and a freshening up.

So I just wanted to say how shitty VW transmissions are and that I have finally reached my goal of a mid 12 pass. and to think last year it only ran 13.9.....

I hope you dont plan on driving this on the street anymore with a dog box...comfortably, anyway.

Straight cut gears = loud as fuck

:rolleyes:

Oh crap, thanks for that. I'm sure he thought they were silent. Must be that whole part about him turning it into a drag car. :p

I hope you dont plan on driving this on the street anymore with a dog box...comfortably, anyway.

Have you heard my car now?..

Shit this will be quit compared to WOT now lol.

It will be ready to take down some fast cars from a dig next year;) I pre assumpt it could make a mid 11 sec pass:bangbang:

Have you ever owned or driven a car with a dog box? or is this just imformation off the internet ? or hear say? or youtube videos? dogbox trannys are not that loud,most the people that complain they are too loud never even owned one with them. shit my s13 with 16 clutch lsd and exeddy twin plate with built tranny was louder then my dsm with a dogbox, my friend subi also has a dogbox and its a weekend warrior its louder then a stock tranny ofcorse but your talking about guys running gt30 and up turbos with 44m dumped gates I dont think your going to hear anything over the turbo/exhaust

note this car was rolling right next to me on two passes, including the one it blew... it was a fight till the end f&furious movie style.. good runs mang, sorry bout the trans..

ps i really need new tires now funny car burnouts didnt help that