12.5.... Happy to sad in 15 mins....

neonkiller

Nice times, but if it took you 5 trannies to get to a 12.5, you need to put a stock turbo back on, and keep it a fun daily. Seriously, I would help you find a more suitable platform.

Just as an example, with a 110% bone stock motor, turbo, everything (dyno;d 210whp, 230ft lbs) with full interior and amenities, I went 12.7@110 in my Colt. An intercooler, injectors, and AFC got me consistent 12.0's at 119. I NEVER broke a tranny, until I was making over 700whp. then I ripped the input shaft off once, and only once, in over a year of daily flogging.

Im not saying go Colt, Im not saying dump the VDub, Im just saying research your options before ypu go drop a bunch of cash on a Dogbox for a 12 second car. You hang out with a lot of fast people, with a lot of good advise to give...

I was wondering why the GTI had a jack nearby and a puddle on the ground, at least you had a trailer. I was too scared to be really hard on my car (even babying it and a drag noob I did okay) cause I had to drive it back. You might want to take into consideration JP's advice, but you do already have a lot of effort into the car.

Nice times, but if it took you 5 trannies to get to a 12.5, you need to put a stock turbo back on, and keep it a fun daily. Seriously, I would help you find a more suitable platform.

Just as an example, with a 110% bone stock motor, turbo, everything (dyno;d 210whp, 230ft lbs) with full interior and amenities, I went 12.7@110 in my Colt. An intercooler, injectors, and AFC got me consistent 12.0's at 119. I NEVER broke a tranny, until I was making over 700whp. then I ripped the input shaft off once, and only once, in over a year of daily flogging.

Im not saying go Colt, Im not saying dump the VDub, Im just saying research your options before ypu go drop a bunch of cash on a Dogbox for a 12 second car. You hang out with a lot of fast people, with a lot of good advise to give...

+100 and my thoughts exactly... dont go broke turning a sows ear into a silk purse. You have accomplished a lot with it and you should be proud- enjoy it for what it is.

Then if you still want to get bigger results for your dollar and want to run 10s-12s consistently and not break get something like a fox body or turbo buick if you can afford a 12 bolt or 9" a 93-02 fourth-gen f-body is an option as well with a better transmission/suspension than a mustang but that is the most expensive option. A newer mustang will be more enjoyable on the street than a fox but they weigh more, cost more and a modular is a LOT harder to work on. Anything faster than 10s is going to cost a fortune and the platform becomes less of an issue but it woudl still be cheaper in a fox, grand national, or f-body than a lot of other cars. Oh yeah if you want to get an f-body wait till the new one comes out and I suspect that the prices will tank on the older ones.

The only reason I sold my fox is I was bored with drag racing- I drove that car daily for four years and beat the hell out of it and it was 10x more reliable than my f-body (but I never ponied up for the rear- I rebuilt it twice and those F@!#@T% plugs, plug wires and opticrap) This is not to create an f-body / mustang war. I had great experiences with both, and my sister's LS1 SS car, but the mustang was much less of a hassle for me to live with.

oh the irony of you being a dumb ass his car is the white car his buddys car is the red one which broke, thanks for coming though

lol thanks paul.

I don't care which car is which or which broke, as far as I can tell both cars in the miniature pic are f-bods and both have worthless rear-ends unless they have ponied up for 9" or 12 bolts.

And for the record, I meant no personal attack- I merely said it was ironic. I apologize, I should have kept it on topic and omitted my worthless post.

Can we get back to being adult and pertaining to building and enjoying fast cars?

full out drag cars are lame unless they run 7s

Who said anything about a full out drag car? I have never owned a car that was not a full plated, titled, interior's..ect street car.

If I cant hop in my car, anytime, any day, and enjoy it when I want to, then its not for me. I mean fuck my Colt got better gas mileage than my BMW!

Im just saying he should consider his options before dumping even more money into a mid 12's car.

Who said anything about a full out drag car? I have never owned a car that was not a full plated, titled, interior's..ect street car.

If I cant hop in my car, anytime, any day, and enjoy it when I want to, then its not for me. I mean fuck my Colt got better gas mileage than my BMW!

Im just saying he should consider his options before dumping even more money into a mid 12's car.

You are seriously daft. I was talking about the original post of gutting the car and making it a track only car.

Then after asking who said anything about a drag car you basically say the same thing I did, except with more words.

Christ, attempt to make a rational thought before you type.