Honda SuperHawk 996

Akula

The new KTM R8 looks and sounds incredible. The SV-1000 is a good bike and better in every way than the Superhawk. If Honda still makes the RC-51 it is a better, faster, more comfortable V-twin Honda. There are some other Italian V-twins like MV-Agusta and such too.

I used to have a Superhawk and honestly didn't find much appealing about it. Power like a 600, weight like a Busa, horrible factory suspension, terrible gas mileage, vibration everywhere and terrible resale.

The new KTM R8 looks and sounds incredible. The SV-1000 is a good bike and better in every way than the Superhawk. If Honda still makes the RC-51 it is a better, faster, more comfortable V-twin Honda. There are some other Italian V-twins like MV-Agusta and such too.

I used to have a Superhawk and honestly didn't find much appealing about it. Power like a 600, weight like a Busa, horrible factory suspension, terrible gas mileage, vibration everywhere and terrible resale.

Of all the things a RC51 is, comfortable is not one of them.

There arent a lot of new vtwin sport bikes out there aside from ducatis and buells. Suzuki still makes the sv600 and 1000, they no longer make the TL1000. Honda no longer makes the RC51 or the superhawk, but I believe still makes the VFR/ interceptor which is a V4 motor on a more comfortable but less sporty bike. There are other random exotics or used bikes you could go with.

Other options would be sporty cruisers ( I know you said no hogs) The yamaha Vmax is not too hoggish and a monster its a V4 motor or theres the warrior which is insanely fast. Suzuki has the M109R or a tweeked intruder. Honda has the vtx1800. Kawi has the VN2000 which is a 2 liter! And then theres buells and the Vrod. Sorry your options are so slim without resorting to cruiserdom. The vtwins although fun, torquey, wheelie machines have just gone out like dinos, there performance just lacked. At best a 1000cc vtwin could pace a 750 and that was prior to the huge advances 4 bangers have made.

Of all the things a RC51 is, comfortable is not one of them.

A friend of mine had one and he said the same thing. The bike was a blast, as long as you were doing what it was made for, going fast.

Anything else and it was just an ok bike.

• 2 weeks later...