heater/defrost/a/c issue

yellowsnake

i have a 2000 s-10. went ot have the a/c recharged about 2 months ago and it didn't work. now i turn on the defrost today and it wont go on defrost. if i close all the vents it will blow out a little. no matter what its turned on it always blows out the vents. it will get hot just wont adjust off vent. and high dont work.... any ideas.

i got it too work on high now. replaced a little peace of hose that looked bad. should i replace it all b/c its still not working?

the one end of the hose plugs into something on the fender, what is it? i can't see anything.... anyway i can check the switch and see if it is working?

first check and make sure the system is fully charged the best way to do this is to just vac the system down and then recharge it....

if it still fails to operate then you check your pressure cutout switches you can use a scanner or a DVOM and find the value in the repair manual

if you have a full charge and both pressure switches are ok then the compressor is toast