Ponte Vedra Beach

MrMeanGreen

I'll be there in a couple of hours. Nice beaches if anyone has been down this way. Being stationed here, I spent quite a bit of time hunting shells and generally having a good time.

I flew into Tallahassee yesterday and drove to Southern Georgia, and am driving to Jacksonville in a little bit to go cruise around and then find some damned good seafood for cheap. If only I didn't loathe living in Florida versus enjoying visiting it :o

i think i remember seeing signs for that when we were there a couple weeks ago. we flew into jacksonville, drove to st. augustine, and took a half day to go to daytona

it should start raining there for you in about 2 hours 14 minutes.

yeah, thats what we said too. but it rained at 2pm every day we were there, and stayed cloudy the rest of the day. not really much sun after then. if you want some sun and good views at the beach, get there about 10am.

and depending on how far you are from st. augustine beach, you can check out the dune cracker on st. augustine beach, about 1/8 mile south of the st. johns county fishing pier. also, panama hatties, conch house near the bridge of lions (bit more expensive but great food), reef house over the bridge on A1A and north about 3 miles...right on the ocean (also a little more expensive but great food). just south of st. augustine beach is "the world famous oasis", good food, decent price. A1A ale works near historic st augustine, and O.C. Whites just around the corner from there.

needless to say, we had A LOT of good food when we were there :D

I like Fernindina Beach, The Ink Doctor is down there. He does work on Alice Cooper, friends of my old boat.

That's a nice area as well. Some of the Jax Beaches are ok, but I'm more of a Gulf Coast fan. I'll be going back down for Labor Day weekend and hitting the Destin area, which is where I was born at (Fort Walton Beach).