towing..

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112

could an isuzu amigo pull a trailer with my car on it?

2.6L I4 engine....1990 amigo 4x4

only thing ive found is the tow rating on a newer amigo with a v6...and its 4500...i wonder if mines the same though

only thing ive found is the tow rating on a newer amigo with a v6...and its 4500...i wonder if mines the same though

i would defetnally not. not to be mean but its a isuzu...that should say enough... whats your mustang weigh full weight and gear? trailer is an easy 1500+pounds so lets say your car weight 3000(yea in your dreams)

thats 4500 minimum in your 4 banger......

Guest tbutera2112
my dad said it should be fine....i dont plan to run a 10 sec. quarter in the amigo with the trailer hooked up, i just need it to move lol...maybe ill stop being a tight ass and just put insurance on my car so it can be driven

Guest tbutera2112
well...i wanna tow it to track day since theres no insurance on it i dont want it driven... also needs to get to kia, AAA will take it there but then i gotta drive it home...i guess ill wait until i need to move it and then insure it again

I go on Orders starting Oct. 1, but once I get my schedule I should know if I will be able to make it to track day again this time. If I get my new turbo soon instead of spectating I would love to run my truck. If you don't find anything sometime in the next couple weeks let me know and if I am able to make it I'll tow you on the way.

Guest tbutera2112
sweet...my gfs dad has a trailer...just gotta measure it to make sure my car fits on it... get in touch with me closer to track day and we will figure something out...if rob decides to call off work and go with me then we will just be driving it...but i really appreciate the offer, so ill keep in touch and let you know whats going on

I about choked :lol: But in all seriousness, you'll need atleast a 1/2 ton truck with a V8 to tow your car + trailer = Rough net 4,600LBS atleast. Don't think about taking chances when it comes to towing things, just because it has a hitch doesn't mean it can tow much. Your Amigo might be lucky to do 2,000LBS. Keep it on the safe side and borrow atleast a 1/2 ton truck.

my dad said it should be fine....i dont plan to run a 10 sec. quarter in the amigo with the trailer hooked up, i just need it to move lol...maybe ill stop being a tight ass and just put insurance on my car so it can be driven

how much longer till u can drive tyler?