$100 for no front plate?

caseyctsv

On Friday I had a "Freeway Patrol" whatever the hell that is cross 5 lanes of rush hour traffic on 270 to pull me over for no front plate. I guess I should be happy since I have been running around for 5+ years without one but I have to say I never expected to get pulled over for that. I always figured they would nail me after stopping me for speeding or something.

The fine is ridiculous - thought it was like 30.00 or something. I am considering going to the courthouse as someone I know went on a no plate offense and the clerk asked him if he had the plate on it now. When he answered yes they let him go without paying the penalty. Any one else have this happen?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On Friday I had a "Freeway Patrol" whatever the hell that is cross 5 lanes of rush hour traffic on 270 to pull me over for no front plate. I guess I should be happy since I have been running around for 5+ years without one but I have to say I never expected to get pulled over for that. I always figured they would nail me after stopping me for speeding or something.

The fine is ridiculous - thought it was like 30.00 or something. I am considering going to the courthouse as someone I know went on a no plate offense and the clerk asked him if he had the plate on it now. When he answered yes they let him go without paying the penalty. Any one else have this happen?

I was issued a warning by the sheriff, no ticket, that sucks man

Guest Melanie
Been caught for that too, twice. Once a warning and the other time a ticket. Have also gotten a parking ticket for it while I was at a meter downtown. Put it in your window at least. Thats what I've done and it seems to be alright.

I was just surprised how much it was.

Always thought it was like $30 so did not care about getting pulled over for it. May just have to throw one on the dash though they can nail you for that too. Hate to get hit for another $100.

He also bitched that my rear license plate was in a smoked cover - not allowed on the street. I truly wanted to beat his fat ass.

I was just surprised how much it was.

Always thought it was like $30 so did not care about getting pulled over for it. May just have to throw one on the dash though they can nail you for that too. Hate to get hit for another $100.

He also bitched that my rear license plate was in a smoked cover - not allowed on the street. I truly wanted to beat his fat ass.

right after my boys were born I got a ticket for having the smoked plate cover as well. From what I have been told Freeway Patrol are picky.

Guest tbutera2112
I got a plate cover ticket in my old car because it was covered in salt. Dumb ass says "I even tried to wipe it with my sleeve, but it didn't clean up." Last time I checked cleaning off that much salt requires a little bit of water. I couldn't miss any classes, so I just paid the damn thing. It was Freeway Patrol as well over on the east side of 270. Dickhead even went to check the front plate to make sure it wasn't covered. Good thing a rock had broken the front cover a few weeks earlier. I never put plate covers back on that car or any other car I have owned. He also didn't mind that I had tail light covers. Strange. Pay it and move on. Not worth the hassle.

I thought about these, they need to make an electric one that you would hook up to the ignition wire so that it would came out when you car is on and tuck away when you shut it off.

No, they need to make one with a switch that puts it back up as you're being pulled over :D Hell, I'd buy that just to fuck with the patrol!

I thought about these, they need to make an electric one that you would hook up to the ignition wire so that it would came out when you car is on and tuck away when you shut it off.