Good for NTB...Dave? Derek?

zeitgeist57

I dunno if it will directly benefit Derek and Dave. The downtown location is usually pretty busy. I'd be surprised to see it close.

I think what he meant was less competition. Unless I misread the article, Goodyear is closing their retail outlets and service stations. Not NTB. This means less competition for Dave & Derik sissy girl.

:cool:

The downtown Goodyear is private owned so its not going anywhere....

last week we were slow, this week I'm on vacation and they are pretty busy ( go figure)

hate to see all those stores close going to be a whole lot of people out of jobs and with the dealerships that have been closing up will make competition for new jobs pretty tough

the store closings may provide some additional business but with money tight for lots of folks people just aren't fixing anythign unless its a saftey hazard and sometimes not even then and are passing on all but the most basic maint items oil changes, air filters, wipers.

now would be a good time to open a private shop with a labor rate around 60 bucks an hour ( 30 or so an hour cheaper than your average retail place) it would probably do pretty well

I think what he meant was less competition. Unless I misread the article, Goodyear is closing their retail outlets and service stations. Not NTB. This means less competition for Dave & Derik sissy girl.

:cool:

I was talking about the downtown Goodyear.

The downtown Goodyear is private owned so its not going anywhere....

I used to work for Smyth, and I am all but positive it's a corporate store. If for some reason it would close it would open right back up privately. Too good of a location with lots of customers.

A few years ago I was hired to manage a national chain service center, started on monday training at a different shop, on thursday they told us managers we were closing a ton of shops including the one I was hired for. The Techs found out on friday that that was the last day of business and they were losing their jobs as soon as they packed up all the company assets into trucks..basically no notice at all. I hung around for about 9 months but the writing was on the wall and now all the remaining shops are gone. Hopefully nobody here will lose their job in this.

A few years ago I was hired to manage a national chain service center, started on monday training at a different shop, on thursday they told us managers we were closing a ton of shops including the one I was hired for. The Techs found out on friday that that was the last day of business and they were losing their jobs as soon as they packed up all the company assets into trucks..basically no notice at all. I hung around for about 9 months but the writing was on the wall and now all the remaining shops are gone. Hopefully nobody here will lose their job in this.

The sad fact is that people will lose their jobs. :(

That sucks for the soon to be unemployed but, thats great for me. NTB is a branch of the BIGGEST automotive service corporation in the world and we will out last everybody. And times have been tough at my shop for a while and are just now starting to pick up again. This is just gonna push more business our way for sure.

are you kidding me what kind of shit are they feeding you?

Ntb was passed up by discount in tire sales months ago and firestone and goodyear are the service kings

don't get me wrong ntb is a large independent tire dealer and its a decent place to work but its by far not the largest place around

It is the largest corporation. They are the same as Big O Tires, Carol Tire, Tire Merchants, Tire Kingdom, and some other one I cant remember. Its like a Billion dollar establishment. Now, dont get me wrong. They do alot of crappy stuff sometimes. I love working at my shop but I am not so fond of the corporate side of it. They keep tryin to find ways to pay us less so they can keep more but, I still make great money so I cant complain or go anywhere else.

They are technically a Tire Kingdom company and tire kingdom is now owned by sumitomo.

It is the largest corporation. They are the same as Big O Tires, Carol Tire, Tire Merchants, Tire Kingdom, and some other one I cant remember. Its like a Billion dollar establishment. Now, dont get me wrong. They do alot of crappy stuff sometimes. I love working at my shop but I am not so fond of the corporate side of it. They keep tryin to find ways to pay us less so they can keep more but, I still make great money so I cant complain or go anywhere else.

Uh, who is largest? NTB? No, Sumitomo is the reason they have the money they do.

Sumitomo owns it. So its all kinda the same. Sumtiomo just bought it like a year ago. They hadmoney before they were bought.

And what I said was that NTB was a PART of the largest automotive service company. I didnt say that they were the largest by themselves. You should read before you try to prove someone wrong.

Blah Blah Blah. The only point that I was trying to make originally is that NTB aint going no where and other services centers are going out.

You can't say NTB is going to stick around, nothing is that sure. Sumitomo can drop them whenever they want.