Calif. cop shoots apparently helpless man in the back

Casper

It appears to be an accidental shooting but yes he is responsible and the title of this thread is definitely mis-leading and judgmental from someone who only knows what the papers are saying.

Calif. cop shoots apparently helpless man in the back

How is that misleading? It's the title of the news article.

:slap:

News crews are pieces of shit in most cases. How often do you see anything good on the news? rarely. Cops already have a thankless job and the news crews egg it on by the way they phrase things (everything has to be shock and awe for them) They guy apparently made a mistake and will pay for it but the new crews should be held accountable for the results of what they publish. Im sure some dumb fuk will try going after this cop or riots will happen because of they way the news perceives everything.

By using apparently, they are giving themselves the ability to use the word helpless with no responsibility on their part. Using apparently means they dont know shit about what happened but yet they still print it and people will not read the apparently word and will skip straight to helpless. They could just as easily say. Police officer shoots Bart man in back at train station.

Edited by flounder

News crews are pieces of shit in most cases. How often do you see anything good on the news? rarely. Cops already have a thankless job and the news crews egg it on by the way they phrase things (everything has to be shock and awe for them) They guy apparently made a mistake and will pay for it but the new crews should be held accountable for the results of what they publish. Im sure some dumb fuk will try going after this cop or riots will happen because of they way the news perceives everything.

By using apparently, they are giving themselves the ability to use the word helpless with no responsibility on their part. They could just as easily say. Police officer shoots Bart man in back at train station.

Dude, the cop shot the kid at point blank range for no reason. The cop resigned. He's probably getting charged with murder. Regardless of the media, this is a really fucked up situation.

Dude, the cop shot the kid at point blank range for no reason. The cop resigned. He's probably getting charged with murder. Regardless of the media, this is a really fucked up situation.

You dont know anything about what his reasoning was but way to follow the masses with unfounded opinions.. And using the word kid makes it sound worse. He was 22 and not exactly a kid in my book.. Did you call yourself a kid when you were 22, I think not. And we have thousands of 22yr olds and younger fighting for us in the military so the word kid doesnt apply in my book. As it was said and as it was investigated, they believe the cop thought he was grabbing his tazer.. If you watch the vid, he puts his hands to his head after the shooting like "Oh my god, what just happened."

Bad situation, Yes. Was it intentional, I seriously doubt it.

Edited by flounder

I didnt say it was ok but you obviously missed what I wrote.

And as far as shooting goes.... After you argued for 10 min at the Halloween party that the box of 7.62 rounds you had was for an AR15, I dont think I want you anywhere near me on a range anyway. You try putting anything in a barrel.:eek::D

Edited by flounder

And as far as shooting goes.... After you argued for 10 min at the Halloween party that the box of 7.62 rounds you had was for an AR15, I dont think I want you near me on a range anyway. You would be try putting anything in a barrel.:eek::D

A) Drunk

B) Not my gun

C) Drunk

D) I wasn't arguing

E) Drunk

F) No wonder you have such bad rep on CR

G) It was an AK47 for future reference

:lol:

A) Drunk -TRUE

B) Not my gun -TRUE

C) Drunk -TRUE

D) I wasn't arguing - FALSE

E) Drunk -TRUE

F) No wonder you have such bad rep on CR - DONT CARE, I FIND IT FUNNY

G) It was an AK47 for future reference - YEAH, I KNOW, IM THE ONE WHO TOLD YOU THAT WHICH IS WHY YOU WERE ARGUING THAT NIGHT

In case you dont remember, you argued with me until we went inside and Schmuckingham confirmed I was right and you were wrong. Like you said, it wasnt your gun but you did argue your ass off. Chili and beer evidently gets you wound up.

A) Drunk -TRUE

B) Not my gun -TRUE

C) Drunk -TRUE

D) I wasn't arguing - FALSE

E) Drunk -TRUE

F) No wonder you have such bad rep on CR - DONT CARE, I FIND IT FUNNY

G) It was an AK47 for future reference - YEAH, I KNOW, IM THE ONE WHO TOLD YOU THAT WHICH IS WHY YOU WERE ARGUING THAT NIGHT

Fuck_You,_I%27m_an_Anteater.jpg

First thoughts from the video. Cops screwed.

My second thought was, where was his taser if he had one? Not in the mindset that he should have used it, (which probably would have been ok), but did he mean to grab for a taser...instead of the gun(which he grabbed). If this is the case, it sucks....but what happened...happened. :(