How do you know Vista sucks?

Casper

I have Vista on my new computer and it hates internet explorer. I have a freeze at least once a day when I use it. Other than that and the 20 questions as to whether I want to proceed with something I just got done telling it to do, no problems.

you can turn off those notifications. its under the user settings, something called "user account control". just uncheck the box, then it will hassle you a thousand more times but never again after, oh except to tell you every time you boot up the compy that you turned off this thing that really annoyed you. imo though one click every restart is better.

you can turn off those notifications. its under the user settings, something called "user account control". just uncheck the box, then it will hassle you a thousand more times but never again after, oh except to tell you every time you boot up the compy that you turned off this thing that really annoyed you. imo though one click every restart is better.

Ah, thanks. I haven't restarted my comp in 3 weeks, so that sounds good to me.

I still love Vista, with my only complaint being that I wish the start menu shortcuts were fully customizable.

True story.

I did download and sort of install the Windows 7 beta though. My computer is being finicky about dual booting though, and I've been too busy to really play with it. I'm not a fan of the UI at all so far though; it feels extremely unpolished. I know it's just the first public beta, but you'd think that after all the awesome UI stuff out there in OS X and the multitude of Linux distros, Microsoft would learn how to make a decent interface :\