painting a bumper

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112

ok guys i traded bumpers with an ex-friend who has a red car...he agreed to pay to paint both bumpers...he got my bumper and had it painted it looks great, then he had his red bumper sprayed black, not sanded or prepped or anything just sprayed, then gave it to me...im very pissed about how it came out, and the guy who did the painting repainted it and i swear it might have gotten worse...now i have a half red half black bumper and i have a feeling i will be coming out of pocket on a paint job... i need some estimates on sanding it and then repainting it, i dont want it turning red if i get a rock chip.... all i need is estimates, you can PM me ..... if the guys fails to paint it correctly the third time i will be taking my buddy to small claims court and i want to have estimates prepared for when i go

**if you are busy and cant do what i want done the correct way, dont respond...i want someone who will take their time and do it right (remove the chin spoiler, sand the front and back of bumper, prep it and spray the entire bumper black, fill license plate holes)....this guy had my bumper for over a month and still couldnt get it right, im tired of being fucked around**

You should start out with buying your own products so that you don't get fucked on that side of the house. Secondly whether or not you go that route I would definatly recomend purchasing some quality flew additive and providing it to the person that you have paint your bumper to insure that it is used. I have paid people to do things cheap, and sometimes not so cheap and people are always looking for corners to cut and/or forgeting use of products under certain applications. Therefore I have had flexible things painted without flex add and it won't last long.

Guest tbutera2112
he seems like a busy person and i want someone who will take their time and do it right...he said filling in the holes in my fenders from my badges was too small of a job for him to do, so i imagine he wont fit my bumper into his schedule either

Guest tbutera2112
dont have the $ for fenders at the moment, just lookin for quotes on the bumper...i cant afford the bumper either, but i figure i shouldnt have a problem winning this in court...the painter has acknowledged that the paint was done poorly when he repainted it free of charge, and i can have my phone company send me a record of all our txt messages about the agreement to trade

Why is this in the detailing section? I will refinish your cover. I believe we talked about his at one point in time. At the time you wanted your fenders done Im pretty sure I was doing some pretty large jobs. I am a pretty busy person, and a few people on the board can vouch for that. The other thing they can vouch for is I take my time and do it right the first time.

If you want to have it fixed let me know.

Guest tbutera2112
good deal, you will be the first person i contact if they mess it up this time around...i talked to the shop today and theyre going to do it again and see if 3rd time is a charm...and its here since it has to do with paint, i wasnt sure where else to put it

• 4 weeks later...
Guest tbutera2112
yea if i ever decide to fix my hood and have the bumper painted ill go to him first....the corners were really thin paint and the guy nicked them a little bit moving the bumper and then i nicked another corner putting it on, and theres still red paint under it... so i have 2 very tiny red spots that im not pleased with, but one is my fault....kinda wish there wasnt any red left but oh well

yea if i ever decide to fix my hood and have the bumper painted ill go to him first....the corners were really thin paint and the guy nicked them a little bit moving the bumper and then i nicked another corner putting it on, and theres still red paint under it... so i have 2 very tiny red spots that im not pleased with, but one is my fault....kinda wish there wasnt any red left but oh well

ok, so they "tried" and failed three different times? What brainless dick fucks were doing the paint work?

Guest tbutera2112
it was custom color in circleville...idk if its spelled like that, it might be custom kolor or something idk....but they failed to remove all the red from the bumper...i did see primer on the backside of it this time, so i suspect they atleast primed it for paint job number 3