My need new home for 1 year old female shih-tzu

Slimpsy1647545505

My wife and I may be looking to put our 1 year old female shih-tzu in a new forever home. She doesn't get the attention she deserves. . . . and with a baby on the way she'll be getting even less. She's a great dog. . . and has loved every person she has came in contact with. They are said to be one of the smartest dogs and also have a very long life expectancy (18 years). She is pad trained, and won't use the potty anywhere else (never has) other than outside. But generally will just wait til we get home and let her out. She doesn't have any bad habits. . doesn't chew up anything...just plays with her chew toys and jumps and hops around when she gets attention.

I'd like to see her go to a home with children or a home where she could be given a lot of attention on a regular basis. She's great with kids!!! We got her from a reputable breeder in Newark. . . she is white/black. . . and we have the papers somewhere.

Let me know if you're interested. I don't just want to hand her over to anybody. But will consider it if I see you are a good choice.

Thanks!

How does she do around other dogs? Do you keep her in a cage or let her run the house? The wife has been wanting a smaller dog....

Heya Mark. She has a cage. . . that we use if someone dog sits at their home just in case, and she will just lay in it and behave. But we just let her have the livingroom and kitchen. . both are hard wood floors, but regardless we have had no problems. She has been around bigger labs and boxers with no problems. she just runs with them thinking she's a big dog. She doesn't have any dominant issues. . and is very very playful.

One bad thing is she hasn't been fixed yet, and needs to be. We used a doggy diaper when she had her first cycle and have been meaning to have it done. . but haven't yet.

Trowa, thank you. I am talking with Will right now about setting up a time for the dog to come and have a trial run with my grandma. I hope it works out, she really wants a new dog, and I really respect the fact Will and his wife are so concerned with where the dog will be living.

Trowa, thank you. I am talking with Will right now about setting up a time for the dog to come and have a trial run with my grandma. I hope it works out, she really wants a new dog, and I really respect the fact Will and his wife are so concerned with where the dog will be living.

Thats good there is still good people that care about animals, some people just do not care about anything anymore, its good to see this dog will go to a good home if it works out.