Looking For: New/Used GTI

Kevin R.

I did not post this in The Corral because it is not really a WTB ad. My brother is in the market for a newer Volkswagen GTI, preferably the charcoal gray color with leather. However, he cannot seem to find any in his brief search around Columbus (by not any I don't mean charcoal gray with leather, I mean ANY). He couldn't even find one to test drive.

If anyone knows of any dealerships that have any shoot me a PM so I can let him know and it will be much appreciated.

You guys are the coolest. :cool:

Does he mean the MKV GTI? 2006-present? If so they are having 0% financing or 60 or 72 months right now I believe and are offering 269/month leases with 2000 down.

The grey for the MKV is called United Grey which is a muddy grey. The black magic pearl can look dark grey in some lights.

They are great cars. Good luck.

The deal might make him more likely to bend on colors and or options. Hope this helps a bit.

Tell him not to go big turbo... lol

I would get a 337 or 20th if I had to do it over again so much nicer on the inside and out!

If he buys a used one tell him to check to see if the timing belt has been changed along with the spark plugs and coilpacks.

And see what kind of oil was ran in the life span of the engine.

Denny Dotson has a R32 sitting on there lot. Little to colorful under the hood for my tastes but sharp car.

http://www.auction123.com/showroom/denny_dotson_automotive/2004/Volkswagen/R32/3_2L/WVWKG61J24D133078.html?showroom_dealer=7821&wait=false

I am not a huge Denny Dotson fan but its a clean car.

For their name badge the new RS4's are dogs. Audi's V8s' arnt that great. With a chip and full exhaust my S4 will beat an RS4.

I would not say beat but surely equal. Most RS4's hang around a 13.0x to 12.9x depending on driver luck. And trap around 102-105.

This is pretty darn close to a 2.7T with full exhaust/chip. (ET advantae t to RS4, but trap to S4) Although the RS4 will have a huge advantage around a roadcourse and will certainly outlap the S4.

And yes, but a 5 mile lead, 2.7T RS4 > 4.2 RS4 in the go fast for cheap department.

Given my choice, I'd still rather rock the new RS4, IMO. But I'm thinking of getting into a newer V10 S6 in a few years.

Oh shit. Sorry I forgot about this. He isn't like me and doesn't want anything modded or have a go-fast bone (for now) so I believe he wants something like this:

http://www.velocityjournal.com/images/stk/2007/vw2007gti18112829m.jpg

I believe.

Does he mean the MKV GTI? 2006-present? If so they are having 0% financing or 60 or 72 months right now I believe and are offering 269/month leases with 2000 down.

The grey for the MKV is called United Grey which is a muddy grey. The black magic pearl can look dark grey in some lights.

They are great cars. Good luck.

The deal might make him more likely to bend on colors and or options. Hope this helps a bit.

Is this through VW dealers? Apparently, as I was told, he couldn't even locate a 2006 - 2007 at any dealership.

I will pass this on and thanks for the info. :cool:

I just went to byers...........The 0% is for 60 months and only on 08 GTIs. They had two identical cars, DSG(auto), 18" wheels sunroof etc for 25,800 ish sticker.

A base model 6 speed is about 23k, with 22k being doable for the car pre tax. meaning payments would be around 365 without tax.

Wholesale dealers (not sure what dealers are, but byers is NOT) can do 0% for 72 months.